Chapter 20 - Valentine's Day Surprises

I growled at the dozen red roses sitting outside my door. I picked them up off the ground and read the tag: To Jane, the prettiest girl at school.

There was no name, so I tossed the roses in the trashcan and continued on my way. It was 9:00, so I was only a bit late for class. I hurried to my locker, only to be surprised by two dozen roses sticking out of my locker.

"You people are obsessed!" I cried as I threw the roses into the trashcan. I grabbed my books and headed to Government. As I walked through the door, I saw the class eyeing yet another dozen rose on my desk. I stomped my foot in anger and annoyance as I grabbed the roses and tossed them in the dumpster. What was seriously with this school?

"Miss Robertson, you are late again! But...since it's Valentine's Day, I guess I'll let it pass just this once." The teacher said. I seriously can't remember her name either.

"Uh, thanks I guess..." I said as I sat down. The class went by in a blur-literally since the class had ended when I got there-and I headed off to English.

***

Lunch came by quickly, and all I could see was roses. I had gotten 5 dozen roses since government and it was really beginning to piss me off. There were now 8 bunches of roses in several trashcans around the school.

I sat in the student lounge, picking the petals off of one of my roses. I felt the couch lean down a little bit as someone sat down beside me and I looked up from my mangled rose.

"Hey, Celeste. What's up?" I said nonchalantly.

"What in heck are you doing to that poor flower?" Celeste asked, mortified at the red pieces all around me.

"I've been getting these blasted things all day. Did you get any?" I asked.

"Ya, I got one." Celeste said as she showed me the bright pink rose.

"Sweet. Do you know who it's from?"

Celeste smiled and looked down at the rose, a blush creeping up on her cheeks, "No, it said anonymous."

"I'm bored." I announced as I threw the roses to the floor. The tag on them landed perfectly on top, and read: To the beautiful Jane Robertson.

I growled and looked up at Celeste's face. She jumped suddenly, "Weren't you going to post the cast for the play?"

"Right! Thank's Celeste." I said as I jumped up and grabbed my purse. I stapled the list on top of a giant red heart on the notice board and smiled.

Dean was going to kill me for this.

***

Dean's POV

I walked into the student lounge at the end of the day. Chad walked beside me as we looked to the notice board.

"I can't believe Jane made me audition of the school play." I grumbled.

"I can't believe someone hid the real pages of my text books." Chad snapped.

"Whatever. I bet I didn't get a very important part anyway. Jane doesn't want to ruin it." I laughed.

"Ya, you probably got stagehands or a dwarf or something." Chad smiled. I ran my finger down the list of names until I came to Dean Robertson. I looked over to the part I got and my jaw dropped.

"PRINCE?!"

***

Jane's POV

'Here we are again I feel the chemicals kickin' in