"Sad shit happens"

Lukes P.O.V

"You ready mate?" I asked fixing Ashton's tie slowly. After no response I looked up to see his full of life eyes now full with redness and irritation. "No I'm not" he let tears fall out of his eyes not bothering to wipe them. I pulled him into a hug rubbing his back softly. "I know you loved her, she knew that too" Ashton nodded his head letting go of me as the door behind him squeaked open. He turned around to see Ashley holding Emma with Ashelyn following closely behind. "You look beautiful honey" He smiled softly bending down to pick up Ashelyn. "Thank you daddy" she smiled. Ashton handed Asheyln to me after giving her a kiss on the cheek so he could hold Emma. Emma looked a lot like Alissa which I could tell made Ashton very weak. I looked at Ashelyn giving her a soft smile while nudging her cheek with my nose. She giggled doing the same to me. "You do look very nice" i remark looking at the black puffy dress she wore along with her long usual straight hair now curly. "You do too uncle lukey". I then began to wonder, maybe me and Ashely should be parents soon? I smiled at the thought of little Hemmings running around frantically. Finally Michael walked in. "It's time guys"

We all walked out to the yard at the venue we rented for the funeral. Seats were filled with her old friends that she still associated with along with her parents and her sister she never got to see. We sat in the front seats next to her sister and parents as the priest walked onto the little stage. "We are gathered here today for the loss of a friend,wife,sister, and daughter Alissa" he paused before saying prayers from the bible for a bit. "There have been request to speak. Her mother would like to speak a couple words first" her mother slowly sat up walking to the post wiping underneath her eyes before speaking into the microphone. "I miss my youngest daughter more than anything. I regret not giving Ashton my blessing back when she first introduced me to him. I pushed her away. I didn't love her the way I was suppose to. Thank you Ashton for loving her the way she should've always been loved. I'm blessed for my two beautiful granddaughters they created. I miss her so much and I hope she knows that I regret not being with her for her last months of life, I love you Alissa" she sobbed into her hand calling her daughter up next. Alissas sister who I've never met appeared on the stage next. "I didn't get to spend much time with my sister before she passed. I wish I could've. Me and her were so close growing up it pains me that she's gone and we couldn't stop her from passing. She was such a talented person who I wish the world could know" she stopped starting to cry "sorry" she whispered before walking off. Next Ashely. "Okay this is gonna be the hardest thing a best friend will ever have to go through. Alissa has been my best friend for as long as I could remember. She was there for me at three am with boy problems and family issues. Then she was also there for me when we would sit on the roof and plan out our futures together. Now it looks like she doesn't have one" she paused taking a deep breath looking out at the audience. "I loved her like a sister. We went everywhere together. Back to school shopping,Family functions, slept together, ate together and watched movies and danced together with lights around us. We would have shaving cream fights and eat ice cream all night. She was the person you could fangirl with and she would always have your back. I miss her so much. My best friend for years now was ripped from me in the matter of thirty minutes". Ashely was now sobbing on stage. "I would do anything to go back in time and force her to go with us that night. She was silly. Her personality was just amazing. I would read to her and she wouldn't get bored. She would urge me to continue. She would let me do her makeup as kids at four in the morning and curl her hair even though we weren't going anywhere" she let out a small giggle. It wasn't a happy giggle. It was a sad one. The one where you miss the happiest memories you cry about them. "I miss her so much. I couldn't even stand not being with her for a week now I have to do it forever. I love you Alissa. I'll see you some day" she kissed the coffin walking back to her seat. Ashton then stood up walking to the post. He slowly swiped his hand over the coffin before speaking. "Incase you don't know who I am, I'm Ashton. Alissas husband. Alissa was the love of my life. I remember when I first met her. She was beautiful just like she was everyday. She blessed me with loving her each and everyday. I'm grateful for the two amazing children I have because of her. I love her so much and she will always be the love of my life. It pains me that I can't touch her soft skins, hear her horrible singing voice, touch her hair, kiss her lips that she hated so much. I loved every inch of her. I miss her so much words can't describe. She was such an amazing wife and mother. I'm gonna miss cuddling with her. Cooking with her even though she would try to cook herself because she was the 'cook' in our relationship" he sighed with a small smile. "The moral of life is, sad shit happens. I'm gonna miss her like all of you will. She will be forever missed by us all". He finished kissing her coffin before walking back to his seat crying. Just like Ashton said sad shit happens.