File 8: Run And Hide. He's Coming!

I sighed as I sat Ms. Suki down and talked to Naru "hey In the politest way possible.. She is dead!" I whisper yelled at Naru he sighed. Naru nodded his head "I understand this Mai, but what do you think I can do?" I sighed "I'm not sure either but I feel bad for lying to her" he sighed and nodded "then I'll tell her" I walked in the living room as I tried to stop him "Naru!" I yelled but he didn't listen.

He stopped in front as I bumped into him, I grabbed his shirt and hide behind him nervously waiting for the news to break out. He took a deep breath "I'm sorry to say miss" I clenched my eyes "but we have to assume your grandmother is dead.. We found traces of blood in the upstairs room" Ms. Suki cried and hugged her boyfriend as he tried to sooth her.

The boyfriend glanced at us "thank you for telling us... Treat your girl right boss" I bowed and made Naru do the same "your welcome, and of course, I'll treat her special" I blushed a lot when Naru said that. I looked up and went to Ms. Suki and gave her a hug "I'm so sorry" she shoved me away.

"You said she was fine! You promised!" I sighed and scratched the back of my head "look I thought she was ok, I didn't realise" she got up and ran to her boyfriend. He sighed and gave us sorrow eyes "I'm sorry... We will be leaving the house tonight and move to a hotel" we nodded and walked back to base.

I felt really bad and slowly kept behind Naru, he sighed and stopped and turned to me. I never paid attention and I hit him, I sighed and looked up at him "yes Naru?" He smiled at me and rubbed my head "don't worry Mai.." He said and held my hand.

I sighed blushed and looked away holding his hand.

"Dude seriously date already!"

"Shut up Gene he doesn't even like me, he's just calming me down"

*glares* "you're gonna get these hands Mai!"

*cries* "Ah! Don't hurt me please!!"

"Gene.."-Naru

"Yes Naru?"-Gene

"Stop bullying Mai"-Naru

"Just admit little bro! You like Mai don't you!"-Gene

*sighs* "come on Mai, we have to finish this case"-Naru

"Awe ok. Bye Gene!"-Mai

"Bye princess, bye brother"-Gene

I looked at Naru as he let go of my hand and shoved it in his pocket with his signature plain face of I-Don't-Care look I sighed 'I really love it when I see Naru's side of emotion' coming back to reality I realised we were back in base.

"Sleep" Monk said I sighed "I'm not even tired Monk! You can't just force sleep on me!" He smirked "I so can" he jumped on me and sat on my back "now sleep!" I whined and shifted back and forth "get off you dirty pervert!" He gasped and did so, as I breathed for air.

"So mean!" Monk complained as Ayako hit him "stop complaining"
Naru sighed "hey... Shut up" we all stopped and nodded "so now what?" I asked "We wait until night fall" I frowned "why?" He sighed "out of how long you worked here I thought you would know. All the activities happen at night" he said with his smart attitude.

+---Night Fall---+

I sighed as I watched the computer screens with Lin and Naru "what are we even searching for?" Naru ignored me and watched the screen. He got up in a flash and pointed at the screen "that! That is what we're searching for" I frowned "what?" I whispered, Naru sighed and grabbed my head "better?" I shook my head and got out of his grip.

"Just explain" he sighed "you're a lousy assistance, look Mai" he said and pointed at the screen I looked everywhere but couldn't see It "what is it?" I whispered to him. He grabbed my hand and we headed up stairs to the little girls room and saw the axe man and the little girl "help me!" She yelled I nodded and went demon form.

Every time I change I feel weaker. I growled but stood in between the axe man and Angel "ain't gonna happen old man" Naru chuckled and leaned against the door frame, arms crossed ankles crossed. I smirked at him and threw a punch at the axe man and he flew back dropping his axe.

I dove for the axe and slide it to Naru, Naru nodded and stopped it with his foot. I kept my eyes on the axe man and walked up to him "your name?" He looked scared "Hendrickson" I smiled "I like that name Hendrickson" he nodded "what's wrong dude? You gotta move on" he shook his head "I can't, I don't know how" I smiled and helped him up "I can help you".

I held his hand and focused on him "Hendrickson just focus on the positives" he nodded and he soon turned a beautiful golden colour "thank you Mai" he said and disappeared.

I frowned at Naru "why was he so easy this time?" He shrugged I went to Angel "you ok kiddo?" I said rubbing her hair. She grabbed my wrist and threw me to the floor, I went back to human so I was taller then her "Angel what's wrong?" She just laughed louder and crazier.

"Heheh you're an idiot" she said, not even in demon form and she was as tall as I was. I frowned "Angel what's going on?"

"Now that he's out of the way, I have room to take over" a huge amount of power spread in the room as I flew back to Naru who just barely caught me.

She flashed up to me and strangled me, Naru sighed "Mai." I glared at him "help you idiot" he smiled "of course" he snapped his fingers and Lin busted in the room with the rest of them. Angel giggled "oh Mai how you fall for everything. Little did you realise that in the contract you thought it was just age.. Did you ever feel weak changing into demon form?" I nodded "well see.. In the contract I also took some life years.. Part of your soul" I gasped sarcastically "oh boy! It's better then all of my soul, am I right Lin!?" I heard Lin sigh "look I'm not afraid of you. I could kick your ass with or without demon" she sighed and threw me at the wall and I landed on the bed.

"Do you realise I took a part of your soul?" I laughed "yeah I do... But do you realise my soul isn't for you to have?" She frowned "what!" I looked at Naru and saw his smirk for he remembered everything as Lin did too "I'm gonna need that part back" she smiled and hit me I smirked and got up again.

"Alex.." I said she frowned "what?"
"Alex!" I yelled louder a blonde hair man who was very buff and handsome appeared in front of us "getting yourself in trouble Mai?" I nodded "whoops" he sighed "Angel, Mai's soul belongs to Satan, give it back" she laughed "nope it's mine" Alex sighed and quickly finished her off "I'll see her in hell.." I laughed and patted Alex on the back "nice one boss" he glared at me as I hide behind Naru.

"Mai" I cried "what Alex!" He grabbed me "what did I say about contracts!" I did fake tears "you said nothing! Lin said something though, maybe Naru too" he rubbed the bridge of his nose "I can't be here all the time to save your sorry soul" I acted like that hurt and fell "oh my heart.. That was hurtful Alex!" He sighed and helped me up. I nodded at him and got serious "my apologies Alex" I said and bowed "look the contract is broken so you got a whole soul again... But I have an extra ten years.. Oh Mai!" He said frustrated, he looked at Naru and frowned.

"You boy come here" Alex said Naru pushed himself off the wall and walked towards us as I got nervous. Alex studied Naru, Naru stood next to me and Alex snapped his fingers "ah you remind me of Gene" I could feel Naru's vein pop in his head "how do you know Gene?" Alex laughed and patted me on my hair "little Mai here and me work with him Gene" Naru glared at me for I knew I had explaining to do.

Naru sighed "Gene would be my twin brother who died" Alex stopped bowed "I'm so sorry" Naru sighed "it's ok" Alex sighed and looked at me then Naru and giggled "you two together?" Me and Naru looked at each other then looked away. Alex laughed then got serious "Mai" I glared at him "don't glare at your boss Mai it's rude" I glared at Naru next "shut it!"

Alex and I have each other a serious look "Mai I can't always keep an eye on you, and get your soul back all the time... And I have these ten extra life years.." I frowned at Alex "and Naru here is missing his twin brother" I frowned and looked at Naru and leaned against him "soooo" he snapped his fingers.

A big ball of light appeared I shielded my eyes and Naru's until the light was gone, when we looked back I couldn't believe my eyes I glanced at Naru and I saw an expression I've never seen before.

"Gene?"