File 7: Down By The Lake, I Dare Not Go...

I yawned super loud and long, scratched my head and fell onto the couch in the office Naru sighed "you still can't possibly be tired" I nodded my head "I'm drained of energy Naru" he rolled his eyes "you've been sleeping all day and all night ever since we got back from the last case.. That was almost two weeks ago" I shrugged my shoulders "I'm sorry would you like it if I went back to my non-sleeping days?" He sighed "whatever Mai"

I started getting comfy to fall back asleep when the phone went off I groaned and got up to answer it, Naru keeping a close eye on me, I answered the phone and looked at Naru while listening.

"Hello there can I help you?" I asked the person on the other end
"Yes you can, is this SPR?"
"Yes this is sir"
"Ah! Hello there, I'm calling for a lake house the lake is called Lake Shōji" I gulped and looked at Naru he got up concerned and walked over to me he's chest on mine I held out my hand to stop him from listening.

"I understand could you come in around let's see... 11:30?"
"Yes I can, I'm in the area now would it be ok if I came early?"
"Of course sir how about 10:20?" Naru frowned "of course that would be great! See you then thank you!" I smiled "no, thank you sir" I hung up the phone and removed my hand from Naru.

Are body's touching I smirked "something you need?" He looked in my eyes and smirked then straight faced "what was with the call that worried you?" I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose removing myself from him "it's at a lake" he glared at me "you should have declined as soon as you heard" I sighed and laid on the couch.

"Look Naru, it's to late he's coming in to tell us what's happening with the lake shut up and deal with it" he growled "Mai that's not the po-" I cut him off "Naru! It's a lake it's gonna be fine we can all wear life jackets or something I don't know" he sighed and walked over to me and bent down in front of my face, we looked at each other in the eyes deep and focused, he laid his forehead on mine and spoke "I couldn't handle it if I saw you on the verge of death again" I smiled at him.

"I can't die remember you won't allow
It" he smirked "glad you remembered" he stood up and rubbed my head "Mai go make tea" I groaned "help me up!!" He sighed and grabbed my hands and helped me up pulling me towards him I smiled "hey handsome" he smirked "hey dummy" I frowned "rude!"

We heard giggling and looked over at the rest who were by the door "and I was just going to make tea" I said patting Naru's shoulder and hopped over the couch to get to the kitchen and make some tea hoping they didn't see the blushing.

After the kettle was done boiling I filled the cups, I didn't realise it but the kettle was burning the palm of my hand.. After realising it I started freaking out mentally placing the kettle back.

"Ahh mhmmm Gene!!"

"Chill princess just run the tap and place your hand under it, it's gonna be ok"

"I'm gonna die this is it, death burned by kettle"

*rolls eyes* "shut up Mai and just do it"

I placed my hand understand the tap and growled "agh" I hit the counter and stomped my foot a little "ahh" I took my hand out of the tap and just gave everyone there tea "thanks Mai" they all said but Naru and Lin I placed the tray back in the kitchen and came out to where everybody hangs out.

I rubbed my forehead and laid down "Mai you're still tired" I nodded my head and heard a knock I sighed "every time I lay down" I got up using the hand that didn't get my burned.. My right got burnt left is fine.