File 3: Asylum?!

'I'm seriously late again!' I thought to myself 'way to go Mai' I made it to the SPR building and went up the steps to see Mr. grumpy pants!

"Mai you're late, tea" he said, I swore under my breath and asked Lin if he would like some "yeah, that would be great" he said 'wow he actual spoke more then two words' as I was walking into the kitchen the phone rang.

"hello this is SPR how can I help you?" I heard loud breathing "sir?"

"I'm here, I'm here is it ok if I make an appointment to see you? I have a very important case!"

"Yeah is 2:48 ok?"

"Yes, yes ok bye!"

"Bye?" But the phone already hung up before I could even say bye.

"Naru appointment 2:48 ok?!"

"You don't have to yell I can hear you, and yes that's ok. Where's my tea?"

"I'm making it relax" I turned on the
kettle and got out the cups as doing so Monk and Ayako walk in.

"Hey guys, you here?" Monk said.

"Yeah, you guys want tea?"

"Please?" Ayako responded, I made 7 cups encase John and Masako walked in.

I put the cups on the tray and walked into the living room placing the tray down on the coffee table and handed the tea to everyone, then went to Lins office and handed him his tea, he nodded as usually then went back to typing.

"So Mai how you feeling?" Monk asked I looked at him and smiled.

"Monk I was sick last week, I'm fine now" I said reassuring him.

"Yeah, the bags under your eyes look pretty black though..." I looked in the mirror, though I'm not surprised "when did you last sleep?" Naru said he glanced at me, I stuck my tongue at him.

"Don't you think she's a vampire?" John said, I jumped a little not realising he was there.

"Oh yeah she could be! Your skin is so white and eye changing colour, your weird powers also. I don't know Mai, can we check your neck?!" I laughed at them "skin is white because I stay inside, my eyes like normal people, change with the light or what colour clothes they're wearing dummy.. the weird powers I have no clue and no you can't check my neck and John here's some tea" he nodded.

"Thanks Mai"

'They would find the marks and have me forced to tell, I can't let them worry about me so much already'.

"she won't let us check, that means there's something on your neck! Is it a hickey?" I tensed up and I could feel my face turn red "Mai, I prefer you to cover up your love bites" Naru said seeing disappointment on his face "It's not like that I swear!!" I yelled at them.

"there's nothing there!"

"then let us look!" Monk yelled towering over me.

"Monk the child said no, just leave it there" Ayako said and smacked him.

"wow you hag!"

"what did you call me you smelly monk!" thus the arguing started.

"Mai what's on your neck?"

"Nothing Gene jeez!"

"Nah there's something there tell me or I'll get Naru involved!"

"If I tell you, you would still get Naru involved."

"No I wouldn't Mai, it's not my secret to tell."

"It's not your secret anyway!"

"Princess tell me now. I don't care it's a love bite isn't it?"