Chapter Sixteen

Percy's POV

You can't even imagine how surprised I was that Annabeth was on my side. I mean, even when we were best friends, she'd smirk and tell me I'm an idiot and then go on my side. This was seriously weird. Especially considering Jason and Brayden were practically foaming at the mouth, they were so mad at me. It must be a son of Zeus thing. None of them seem to like me very much. Well, except Apollo and Hermes.

I looked around at the Head Councilors and the Electroclan. "Okay," I started, "Now that all of you are on board, whether you like it or not, I need to tell you guys the details. First, know that we'll be calling Tartarus Hatch because names hold power. So, Hatch is coming this June with an army of monsters and mortals. Just saying, they'll all be equipped, and guns hurt. A lot. Take it from me." Abigail rolled her eyes, remembering how stubborn I was. I continued, "Anyway, our main line of defense will be anyone we can muster with powers. The Electroclan and demigods with godly gifts. We can't get our hands on any mortal steel in time, and no hero should have to harm a mortal in the first place. So, we'll split up into groups. Councilors, find people in your cabin with powers over things like magic, fire, electricity, and such. Then, pair them up with a decent sized group of demigods without powers, but are good with weapons. Have them train, and that should be enough for now. Get to it!" They all streamed out of the Big House and to their respective cabin except the Electroclan and the specific demigods that had joined up with us on the quest.

I swept a bead of sweat off of my forehead and sighed, "It was so much easier when I was just facing a bunch of mortals. Now I'm back here again." Michael looked at his shoes, "I take it you're not exactly fitting in." I shot him a funny look, "Nah, it's fine. But about the sleeping arrangements, I'm going to have to place you into cabins." Their eyes widened, "Why?" Nichelle asked. I shrugged, "You need these demigods to trust you. So you're going to have to blend. I'm just going to sort you based on powers and stuff." Piper nodded, "I think he's right. You could all fit into the Poseidon cabin, but demigods have each other's backs. It's just you guys here. It'll be easy for you to make some friends, I mean, you have powers and are practically heroes, like anyone else you'll find at camp." Nico snorted, "Except Brayden." We all nodded.

I rubbed my hands together, "Most of you could probably go into the Zeus Cabin. Your powers are electric, after all. But I'm going to have to spread you out a little." Tara blanched, "How thin are you putting us into the cabins?" I tilted my head, "I'm not exactly sure yet. But for now, Michael and Zeus, you're in the Zeus Cabin." I snickered, "That's a little ironic. Anyway, I'm putting Abi in the Apollo Cabin, because of her healing powers. McKenna, Torstyn, and Quentin in Hephaestus. Ostin in Athena, obviously. Jack in Ares. Nichelle and Tessa in Hecate, because of the power up, power down thing that you do." I rubbed my temples, "So, Tara and Taylor in Aphrodite, I don't even know why." Ian looked up, "What about me?" Leo grinned, "We have no idea where to put you, man. I mean, seeing through walls? That's not a normal power." Calypso raised her hand, "And what about me? I don't think there's an Atlas Cabin." I stared at the ceiling, "We should put Calypso in Demeter. She's really good with plants. And I guess Ian should be in Hermes. It'll be fun to mess with them. Oh, look at the blind kid, so easy to pickpocket. Suddenly, a voice from the bunk, saying, I can see you, Travis. Don't take a step closer." Ian smiled, "Cool," he said, taking a second to look at the others and say, "I guess it's all figured out." McKenna looked worried, "But some of these people don't seem like they like us all that much. Is it safe?" I waved off her question, "Please. I've still got my connections. There'll be people to protect you guys from haters in every cabin." I pointed at the demigods that still surrounded us. Hazel nodded, "Percy, what about Zeus and Athena?" Frank counted on his fingers, "Well, Thalia usually stays in the Zeus Cabin, and Percy says she's coming soon. I'm pretty sure they can last. I mean, they've got powers, right? But I'm not sure about Ostin. It all depends on how Annabeth feels. Her cabin would follow her anywhere." I patted his shoulder, "It'll all be fine, man. You're just as smart as any of them." Ostin gulped. I sighed, "Look, I'll talk to Annabeth for you, okay?" I shook myself, "As much as it'll kill me." Ostin looked grateful. He nodded his gratitude and they all went on their way.