Chapter Fifteen

Percy's POV

I don't remember ever being so terrified. Sure, I knew that I could have died in Tartarus. But that was just me. Annabeth would have made it out safely. It would just be me. Now, here was Tartarus in the mortal world, a threat to all of my ex-friends. I still had to save them. Especially since I knew Annabeth could be quite persuasive when she wanted to. Also because I knew I still had a group of real friends. And the least I could do was warn them.

When we appeared below deck on our ship, I didn't care how we looked. We were pale, sweaty, and clinging to each other, our arms and face littered with spider bites. I knew I was frightened, I knew both Piper and I had broken down a little. But we needed to get to the camp as fast as possible. And this boat just wouldn't cut it. I let go of Piper, making sure she could stand by herself, before shouting out orders. "Let's go! Get out of here. Sail to Hawaii. Hatch is more dangerous than we'd ever suspected. MOVE IT!" My friends and the Eagles stood there. Shock and relief were on their faces, tinted with fear. But they burst into action. Leo ran to the deck and I felt the boat move. Frank and Hazel crossed over to us, forcing ambrosia into our mouths and pouring nectar over the wounds. I waved them off. "Where's Ben?" I asked. Michael shrugged, "He took a helicopter back to the ranch. What happened?" Nico looked pained, "Sorry I was too weak to get you guys away." Piper shook her head, "No. It was a good thing and a bad thing. We learned that Hatch isn't mortal. He's Tartarus." The demigods couldn't keep the fear off their faces. Even the Electroclan showed a hint of terror. Only the Eagles kept listening, emotionless. "B-But it's all g-good, right?" Abigail stuttered, "You survived him before." I nodded at her, "That's just it. I survived. I didn't beat him. I couldn't even keep a hold on my sword. I lost a titan and giant friend to him. I was so rattled, he still lives on in my nightmares. I ran. I abandoned them." I was solemn through everything I said. They didn't yet understand the gravity of our situation. The peril that loomed in a black cloud of death over our heads.

I stared at Nico, compelling him into action, "You need to IM Reyna. Tell her about it. I need to go to Camp Half-Blood because they think we're all traitors. I'm going to bring Hazel and Piper with me. They've got the most trustable faces. Not to mention they're adorable." I grinned teasingly at them. It was a weak attempt, but it helped. No, it didn't. It really didn't. They just kept on looking tense. "So you guys will go to Camp Jupiter because lately, they've been more open to welcoming my friends and me. You tell them about your Electroclan-y science powers and blah blah blah. Then the Tartarus thing, blah blah blah." Taylor motioned for me to stop. "Time out. I'm learning that the evil guy that we're up against is actually a Greek Primordial who's real idea is to take over the world and wipe out the demigods." I nodded, "Yeah, pretty much." Now they really looked scared. So, I decided not to add that he's got a giant monster army that he can raise at his will. I paced, "From what I can figure out, we've got until June. Now it's December. We need to get the camps united and ready for it." Tessa looked up, "Will that be enough time?" I shook my head, "To prepare for Tartarus, we'd need immortal demigods and around forever to prepare. But we don't have forever." I looked at Hazel, "Call Arion. I'll take Piper on Blackjack. When the rest of them convince Reyna, they'll come to Camp Half-Blood. But please, IM first. We need to convince our side." I marched up the stairs to the deck and stood there, sending out a message to Blackjack. Yo, Blackjack, get over here, man. Piper looked uncomfortable, so I grinned. "You know what this reminds me of?" Piper fingered her chin, "You're calling Blackjack, Hazel's calling Arion and we're heading to our doom?" She chuckled, "The field in Kansas." I scratched the back of my head, "Yeah, Blackjack gave me a pretty nice shaped dent in my head." Suddenly, the pegasus landed beside me. You talking about this dashing horse, boss? He asked, And for the record, the pretty girl made me do it. Can I have some donuts? I climbed on top of him, offering Piper a hand. I looked at him sternly as I pulled Piper up, "Donuts? Why not apples? Why is it always donuts?" I looked over at Hazel, mounted on her cursing demon horse. "Meet me outside my old apartment." She nodded, so I took off into the air, Piper's arms around my waist as we spun. I whispered in his ear, "No tricks. We need to get to my mom's apartment as quickly as possible." Blackjack whinnied and flew straight, the wind whistling around us.