Chapter Twelve

Just take a minute and look at the picture

Just take a minute and look at the picture. Thank you for your time.

Percy's POV

I am feeling the tension. We were on the airplane and all of my demigod friends were on one side, and the Electroclan was on the other. Where was I? I was all the way in the back at the snack stand with Ostin, because when you think you're gonna die, you eat as much food as you can. Well, that was my reason. Ostin was just hungry.

I was gripping that plastic counter so hard I thought it might break off. Seriously, though, I thought I was going to die. I know that Zeus won't strike me out of the sky or anything, but old habits die hard. And so do I. I'd prefer to keep it that way, so get me out of this plane as soon as possible.

Also, I don't understand why we need to take the plane in the first place. We're going by boat to Poseidon, disguised as a trader. Once we're in the port, Nico's gonna shadow travel us to Hades, where, hopefully, Torstyn, Quentin, and Tara will be. They better be grateful, or I'll kill them before Hatch does for making me endure this torture.

The plane shook with turbulence, and before I knew it, I was curled up on the ground, whimpering. Piper looked back, "You okay, Perce? You know it's safe for you in the sky, now. There's nothing to worry about." I tried to respond, but it came out so shrilly you couldn't even make out the words. She laughed, walking back and sitting me up. Instantly, my arms were sprawled out along the cabinets, effectively pinning me to the wall. Leo called from the front of the plane, "Bro, I've got some cookies, but if you want them, you're gonna have to be a man and walk all the way up here." I looked down the long hall. I managed some words, "What color are they?" Leo laughed, "Blue. Duh. What other color would they be?" I looked at Tessa, who was the closest person sitting on a chair, "See? Cookies are supposed to be blue. Deal with it." I took a deep breath, and stood. Nico cheered, "Aww, Kelp Head's taking his first steps!" I stuck my tongue out at him like the mature man I was.

Although, I couldn't help but feel proud of myself, sauntering over to the front of the plane. As if intentionally, more turbulence happened, knocking me over to the ground again. This carpet is very comfy. I might consider taking permanent residence on it. Quietly, I cursed at Zeus, "Why're you doing this to me? I saved your bolt, remember?" Suddenly a crunching caught my ear. Is that... Is that...

LEO EATING MY COOKIES???

I shot up, hearing the laughter of everyone around me. I marched up to that little scrawny dude and grabbed him but the front of his shirt. I looked at Calypso, "I'm gonna kill your boyfriend now, okay?" Calypso yawned, "And why is that?" I jabbed my finger in his face, "HE ATE MY COOKIES!" Calypso, Leo's ever so loving girlfriend, reclined in her chair, "Yeah, go ahead, Perce." I grinned at the sight of his fear. Frantically, Leo gave me a whole jar of cookies, labeled, In the case of an emergency, give Percy the whole container. I nodded, "I think this qualifies as an emergency. I mean, it's highly probably that I'll die on this plane."