Chapter Five

This is a shoutout to AngelsWingsRocks for being my first reader. Also, I've started a Harry Potter/Percy Jackson fanfic called Percy Jackson:Grandson of Voldemort that you can check out if you like this fanfic.

Percy's POV

Ha! Electroclan. What a silly name. Like Hogwarts! HA! Oops. That's a story for another time.

Anyways, these guys were cool. Especially that Zeus kid. Pfft. Zeus. Leo Frank. These guys crack me up. Michael Vey. Now there's a name that sounds like a car. The Veyniac 500. That hurts. Too many memories. 

Right now I'm leading this group of kids through the rainforest. They say they're going to save a couple of other kids from the hands of the enemy. Some dude name Hatch. What's with all these funny villain names? I mean seriously. At least Kronos sounds a little threatening. Like for real. Voldemort and Hatch. Oops. There my ADHD goes again. 

They've clearly been in this situation before. But not too many times. Not like me and... her. Gods, I can't cry in front of these people. They were my new reason. I can't let them down. Only a couple months ago I was doing what they were doing. Playing hero even when I didn't want to.

They're in a cluster trailing behind me. Thank Hermes I have my heightened senses. Mostly because of Hermes. Even if I couldn't hear what they were saying, I'd know they were talking about me. Meet a strange boy in the rainforest and not be surprised. I dare you.

Anyway, some of their conversation goes like this.

Michael : "That Percy dude. He's cool. I think he'd be a great member of the Electroclan."

I smirked. Yeah right. One night with me and they'd be begging me to leave.

Taylor : "He did save me and Tessa. How did he even know that sniper was there?"

Puh-leaze. That Elgen dude was like an elephant walking on dry leaves. I'm surprised they didn't  notice him.

Jack : "Something about that kid sets me on edge. I don't trust him. He's probably the one who planted the sniper in the first place."

You and Anna- um... her both, Jack. Okay, Percy. Stop right there. No thinking about her, or camp, or your mom. Styx! I feel my eyes watering up again. NO! I'm alright. Perfectly fine. Leading the Electroclan through the forest. That's not weird at alllll.

Tessa : "I agree with Taylor. I'm only alive because of him."

McKenna : "Don't forget, he saved me from dehydration."

Ostin : "He didn't even ask questions. Save a life first, then think. He's probably been in these types of situations before. Not to mention the PTSD and Survivor's Guilt."

Jeez! These kids really want to make me cry, don't they? Bianca, Zoe, Beckendorf, all of their deaths are my fault. I just wonder who they saw die?

Nichelle : "This bandaging, too. It's expert. We could probably rely on him if we get hurt. But that dude, he smells weird."

I know Nichelle's not a monster, otherwise, she'd be all 'Perseus Jackson! I come to kill you!'

Michael : "We can keep him for now. If he turns out to be evil, it's not like he can stand up to all of us."

Pfft. Yeah right. He doesn't know what he's dealing with. 

Jack : "But how can we take that chance? He could kill most of us before we even knew what he was doing! Like with Wade..."

I get it now. Wade probably died from a sneak attack. Probably died in Jack's arms. Man, do I know what that feels like.

Ian : "He's not carrying anything suspicious. In the rainforest, and not even with a gun or knife. That's the only strange thing. I don't think he's a threat for now."