Chapter Two: Heal

*HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!!* 

                    "Derek!" I exclaimed, staggering backwards as the blade clattered to the floor and I rushed over just in time to support the weight of my fiance. Unfortunately, I'd overestimated my own strength and the two of us crumpled to the ground in a tangled heap. 

"Chris...what...what're you doing?" he panted, rolling over onto his side as his many gashes and wounds oozed dark, clotted blood. I coughed, scrambling to my feet and swaying slightly as I realized my wrist was flapping open, blood oozing out and dripping onto the floor to mingle with Derek's. Ohh no. That's not good. 

"Derek - what - I - how're you alive?!" I cried breathlessly, trying to steady my spinning head and my thundering heart. Are hearts supposed to beat this fast? I couldn't think. I couldn't breathe. Derek's alive. He's not dead. He's...not. Dead. And just like that, the wooziness faded away, swirling down into the pit of my mind and disappearing. Derek, my fiance, the love of my life, wasn't dead. 

                   After quickly bandaging up my bleeding wrist, I turned back to where Derek sat on the edge of our bed and threw myself into his arms. Our lips met in a much-anticipated kiss, my teeth practically slamming against his, but I was too anxious to savore the sweet taste of Derek's warm, soft mouth. His hands clutched my waist tightly against his chest, his strong fingers pulling and plucking at the fabric of the gray oversized t-shirt of his that I was wearing. I weaved my fingers through his dark hair, pressing our faces closer together and grinding my lips against his more insistently. There was no time for patience as Derek suddenly spun me around, pushing my sweaty body onto the bed and straddling my waist with his knees as he stripped off his destroyed shirt and kicked off his grimy jeans. My top was already gone, and the sweatpants were soon to follow as I fastened my mouth onto Derek's neck and planted desperate, sucking kisses all over his tanned skin. 

                      Despite his injuries (and mine), our blood was pounding with lust and desire for our mate and nothing could've stopped Derek from thrusting into me without warning and pounding as hard as he could. I let out a breathy scream that was quickly repeated as Derek's movements increased and my back arched in pleasure. His hands crept up to cup my full breasts and massage the ache out of them, which had me writhing on the bed as not one but two orgasms swelled up and crashed over me. Suddenly, Derek twisted our entwined bodies around so that he was wrapped around my back and thrusted into me roughly from behind. The change in position resulted in Derek hitting me in the spot that had me falling apart in his arms; I screamed out my pleasure as I orgasmed again almost immediately, and didn't stop as Derek pounded into me over and over again, shaking the bed so hard I thought it might break from the sudden physical activity.

              It was only when Derek had too reached his peak and the two of us had rocked out our final orgasms together that we collapsed onto the mattress and disentangled ourselves. I was so weak and tingly that I could barely summon up the energy to roll onto my side, and Derek's caressing hands on my waist pulled me closer against him as a result. 

"Derek...you're healed," I panted in surprise, tracing a finger down his muscular chest and over the skin that, only a short while ago, had been torn up and bloody. Derek's facial features melted into an expression of amusement and shock as he too examined his now-flawless skin. 

"Huh. Would you look at that...I guess my mate really does know just how to make me feel better," he chuckled, pressing his lips to my forehead in a warm display of affection that had tears springing up in my eyes. Just an hour ago, I'd been ready to kill myself because I couldn't be with Derek. Now I was alive and miraculously, so was he. I couldn't have asked for any better. Thank you, God. I wasn't particularly religious, but at that moment I thanked God that he'd been watching over Derek.