Chapter Twenty-Four

Ok before you read this chapter, 850 reads? WHAT??? Oh my gosh you guys don't know how amazing it feels that so many people are taking time to read your book! Thank you to all of you that have read up to now and it's just amazing I don't even know what to say! Ok Kayleigh, let them read now...see you at the end!

"I am so sorry!" I exclaim, staring at the weeping couple.
They turn to look at me, red eyed and I wince.
"I'm gonna go..."
The woman shoots me a dirty glare and I shut the door and awkwardly walk down the hall. I should've checked the last name. As I'm walking, someone yanks on my arm harshly and I turn around.
"Ellie..." I say quietly as I look at her tear stained cheeks.
"In here." She croaks.
I follow her in the real Daniel's room and wince as I see him laying there, tubes are connected to his nose and his skin is so pale that I can see his veins in his neck and eyelids. If it weren't for his heart monitor. I would've guessed that he was dead. I take a seat in the chair next to his bed and my heart drops as I feel his ice cold hand in mine.
"Hey Daniel, it's Olivia. Please wake up soon. I need you, we need you." My voice cracking at the end.
Ellie starts to sob and A few tears run down my cheeks.
"Listen, you have to wake up. I'm not giving you a choice. Take all the time you need. Just please get better. I-"
The door opens and the nurse comes in.
"Visiting hours are over girls." She says.
I sigh a shaky breath and stand up.
"Can you please make sure you do whatever you can to help him." Ellie pleads.
The nurse gives us a sympathetic look.
"We're trying our hardest sweetie. It's gonna take time."
I nod and push Ellie out the door as she opens her mouth to protest.
"Thank you." I add before closing the door behind us.
"I'm going to visit Archer before we leave okay?" I state.
"I'll wait by the door." Ellie says.
I walk to Archer's room and he's laying on his back and his eyes are closed lightly. I walk over to him and lean in to place a kiss on his cheek but he turns his head so that I land on his lips.
"Hey babe." He says gently.
My heart melts. His voice sounds so frail and sleepy and I smile at him.
"Hey." I whisper back.
He tries to sit up but grunts slightly and I put my hand on his shoulder.
"No, you need to get some rest and visiting hours are over anyways."
Archer pouts and I giggle lightly as he slides back down into the bed.
"I'll come back first thing tomorrow morning okay?"
"Mhm." He sighs as his eyes close again.
"Bye." I say as I stand up.
"Olivia." He calls.
"Yes?"
He opens his eyes halfway.
"I love you."
I blush and smile at him.
"I love you too."
I start to feel a little sad since this is the first time I've been without him since the accident but watching him drift asleep so quick reassures me that he's safe and in good care. I close his door gently and walk to the front where Ellie has reapplied her makeup and is on her phone.
"Hey." I breath out.
She smiles at me.
"Hey."
We walk into the hot sun and she pulls out her keys as I shield my eyes.
"Even though we may not go to prom, wanna go dress shopping?" Ellie asks.
"Sure."
We get into her car and drive to the store. The whole way there it's silent and I start to feel the weight lift off of my shoulders. It's all over. We pull up into the parking lot of a small boutique that sells homecoming and prom dresses and get out.
"These are so pretty!" Ellie exclaims as we walk inside.
The store clerk greets us and we start to look for dresses. I find a long, silky, dark blue one and Ellie pushes me into the dressing room as she picks out some more for herself. Slipping on the dress, I realize that this is our last prom and we're about to graduate. Everything that we've been through and we made it to graduation. I smile as the dress fits me perfectly. I run my hands down the long dark silk and sigh.
"Ellie, I think I found the one."
She busts through the door and drops all of her dresses onto the floor to cover her mouth with her hands.
"You look beautiful Olivia." She gushes.
"Thanks."
Her hands drop and she frowns.
"What's wrong?"
"We're graduating in a month."
She giggles.
"Why are you sad about that?"
I turn around to face the mirror.
"I'm not, it's just...it's weird to think about. We'll be done with high school. Ready to start the beginning of our new life. It's a lot to take in."
She nods and picks up her dresses.
"I get it."
After a couple more hours of endless dress and shoe shopping, Ellie settled for a blood red gown and silver heels and I went for my the gold heels and the first dress I tried on.
We get into her car and she drives me back to my house.
"Thanks for-"
I'm cut short as she hops out of her car and walks to my door.
"What are you-"
"Oh, I'm sleeping over. There's no way that I'm leaving you alone from what happened. And to be honest, I don't really want to be alone either."
I don't argue with her because the truth is, I need someone with me tonight. She's right, a lot happened in such a short amount of time and we both need to breath a little and process it. We end up crying ourselves to sleep while watching The Notebook and eating ice cream.

The moment I wake up, the first thing that crosses my mind is Archer...and why I'm using Ellie's butt as a pillow. I giggle slightly and take out my phone. She groans from under me.
"Your butt is soft." I say.
She sighs.
"Thanks, I've been told that before."
We stand up and yawn.
"Can you take me to the hospital?" I ask.
She nods tiredly.
"I was going to go anyways."
We brush our teeth but keep our pajamas on. I slept in a black cami and Archer's sweatpants that he gave me to sleep in when I slept over at his house. I "accidentally" kept them and didn't return them. What? They're grey and over sized and they smell like him. What's not to love? We pull into the hospital and I rush to Archer's room. He's tapping viciously on his phone and his eyes are glued to it. I erupt in laugher as he curses under his breath and throws he phone onto the bed.
"Having fun?" I ask.
He rolls his eyes.
"That game is hard."
I walk over and lean in to kiss him. He grabs my face and smashes our lips together. The kiss is gentle yet hungry and I gladly let his tongue into my mouth as the kiss becomes more heated. Then he stops and pulls away making me pout.
"Are those my sweat pants?" He asks, looking down.
I bite my lip.
"Maybe..."
He smirks at me.
"They look hot on you."
I blush and lean my forehead against his.
"Thanks."
This is the most happy I've felt in a while.

••••••••••••••
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry that this chapter took so long to upload I honestly didn't know what to write! That being said, sorry if it's a little boring. What do you guys think? Will Daniel wake up? What happened to Vee? Comment down below!
- Kayleigh