Chapter Nine

We get unpacked and now we're heading to the beach. I chose my navy blue halter top bikini and white dress cover up. Since its basically in our backyard, we decide to walk. Archer brought five surfboards and promised me that he would teach me how to surf so you can say I'm pretty excited. Once the gravel turns into soft sand, Archer basically rips his shirt off, revealing a very chiseled eight pack that would make any girl go crazy. Me on the other hand, I'm not as confident as him, obviously. I wait until we set up our stuff to start to undress. Cautiously, I look around to see if anyone is watching me. Archer is paddling out into the ocean on his surfboard, my brothers are trying to follow his lead and the moms are watching Maizee play in the waves. I kick off my flip flops and take my bun out, letting my natural waves cascade down my back. Now for the worst part. It'll be like ripping off a bandaid. I take the bottom of my dress which is mid thigh length and pull it over my head. I toss it to the side and sigh in relief. It wasn't that bad.
"Ready for our lesson?" I hear from behind me.
I jump as Archer's cold wet hands touch my shoulders.
"Yeah one sec." I reply.
I run sunscreen onto my arms and legs and struggle to reach my back.
"I'll do it." He suggests.
I hesitantly hand him the bottle and as soon as his hands touch my back, I melt. He rubs his hands in circular motions and moves down to my lower back. I bite my lip to hold back a moan and his hands lift off of me.
"Thanks." I say quietly.
He nods and hands me a surfboard. It hovers over me and I gulp.
"How am I supposed to carry this thing?" I ask.
"You take it, put it under your shoulder and run."
He takes off and I drag it out by the top of it leaving a trail in the wet sand.
"Took you forever." He announces.
"Yeah, yeah." I wave off.
He takes mine and motions for me to follow.
"You want to push yourself on top of the board and swing your leg over it. Kind of like how you dreamt of straddling me. Oh wait, you already have."
I splash him with water.
"Not by choice!"
He chuckles.
"Once you think you've got enough balance try to stand up. Now try it."
I watch him as he gets on and stands up all in one motion. Okay Olivia, you got this. I place my hands on the edge of the surf board and push myself up. The board slips from under me and I land face first back into the water.
"This is hard." I whine.
"I'll help you come here." Archer suggests.
He swim over to him and he places his hands on my hips and lifts me onto my surf board. I ignore the tingles in my sides and the blush creeping up to my face because I've blushed more times around this hottie then anyone in their lifetime.
"Now try to stand." He orders.
"Okay."
I lift my legs one by one out of the shallow water and place my feet steadily into the surf board.
"Make sure you don't-"
I stand up quickly and fall right back into the salty water.
"Stand up too quickly." Hunter says laughing.
I groan and float on my back.
"I give up." I announce.
He chuckles and joins me.
"We can try again tomorrow."
I splash water over his face and start to swim away to avoid being caught. Unlucky me. He grabs my wrist as it goes back and pulls me into his arms.
"I need you Olivia." He says.
"What?" I ask
It was too good to be true, he lifts me up and dunks me under the water. I grip onto his chest and open my eyes. The water is so clear and there's bright green seaweed and coral only a few feet away from us. It's beautiful. Unfortunately, he pulls my back up and I lean forward on accident, crashing my wet lips his.
"Sorry." I apologize quickly as my face once again decides to tinge pink.
"Don't apologize, you know you liked it." He smirks.
"Not as much as you did Greyson." I wink, trying to imitate him.
He chuckles and I climb onto his back.
"Take me back to the shore." I demand.
He walks back up and I rest my head on his shoulder.
"Ok get off your heavier than you look."
I mock a hurt expression and he smiles.
"I'm kindling your adorable."
"Thank you." I smile.
An lady and her boyfriend come up to us, they look about twenty and we smile at them.
"Must I say, you two are the cutest couple ever." She says.
"Well we-" I start but Archer beats me to it.
"Thank you." He says, pulling me closer to him.
I give him a "wth" look but he ignores me so I play along.
"I'm Stacey and this is Daniel."
I smile.
"You two are really cute too." I say.
She starts to laugh.
"She's my cousin." Daniel states.
My face heats up with embarrassment.
"Oh sorry." I apologize.
Archer chuckles.
"It's fine." He says.
"I'm Archer and this is Olivia." Archer greets.
"Nice meeting you two and I hope you stay together for a long time, looks like you make each other really happy." Stacey says.
We thank them and they walk off.
"We're a cute couple Olivia." Archer beams.
I giggle.
"The cutest."