Chapter Fifteen

It was a gentle kiss and it felt fine at first, but after a few seconds, it felt wrong...like my heart was demanding me to back away. And I did just that.
"Um, I'm sorry Daniel." I say quietly.
He licks his lips.
"It's fine, that shouldn't have happened."
I look at the disappointment in his eyes and my phone vibrates. It's a picture of Daniel and I kissing.
"We need to get out of here." I say, rushing to my feet.
He looks at me confused and I show him the text.
"Luke where are you?" He says as we get into the empty hall.
I look to my left and see him standing there, his arm leaning on the wall just outside the girls bathroom.
"Daniel..."
He turns around and forces me behind him.
"Hello fellow gang member, I see that you're...making out with you friends girlfriend."
I stand to the right of him and cross my arms.
"If you haven't heard, I hate Archer. The fight this morning was pretty intense."
He curses under his breaths and looks up.
"You are ruining my plan love, and I told you what would happen is you ruin my plan." His voice has something in it that scares me.
I get behind Daniel again.
"Leave her alone." He says.
All Luke does is laugh. The same laugh he did when he was cutting me and I whimper quietly.
"Why are you protecting her? She's a worthless bitch." He spits out.
I bite my lip as Daniel steps forward.
"Call her that one more time and see what happens." He says sternly.
"She's a worthless bitch." Luke repeats.
Daniel swings a punch at him and hits him square in the jaw. My eyes widen as they go into a full out fight.
"Guys stop!" I yell.
They pretend that they don't hear me and continue with their fight.
"What is going on?" The principal asks as she runs over to us.
The boys stop and I look at both of them, bruises already forming and bloody knuckles.
"Both of you, come with me," She demands, "go to class." The principal says to me.
I do as I'm told and scurry to Science. When I show up, the first thing I notice is that Dylan is missing.
"Mrs. Hastings, why are you late?" My teacher asks.
"Nurses office." I respond while sitting down as far away from Archer as I can.
He nods.
"Dylan isn't here so...does anyone want to pair up with Olivia?"
Nobody raises their hands and I sigh in relief. They're probably still freaked out about this morning because to be honest, I'm not in the best condition right now.
"I will." Archer says.
I look at him and he smirks. Does he not remember that I'm extremely mad at him? Everyone gasps and the science teacher motions for me to sit with him.
I gather my things and slump into the chair next to the devil himself. He looks at me.
"We need to talk."
I keep my eyes glued to my paper.
"I don't want to talk to you."
"Not about that, why were you late?"
I look up at him.
"Wouldn't you like to know?"
He nods.
"Uh yeah, I do. I kind of have to protect you so tell me."
I roll my eyes at him.
"I can protect myself."
He motions to my wrist.
"That was before I knew what they were capable of."
"You still don't know what they're capable of." He says.
"I can protect myself Archer."
And with that, I plug in my ear phones and work on my essay. I had to end that conversation. The thought of talking to him more made my blood boil with anger.

Lunch
"He looks sad Liv." Ellie whines as we sit down at our lunch table.
She's been eyeing Archer since he started walking in front of us to the lunch room.
"Honestly, I could care less, I'm over him."
She looks at me and back at him. I turn my head to see him crowded by a bunch of slutty girls in short skirts and leggings. My heart drops.
"And obviously he doesn't care either." I say.
I turn around and force some lettuce into my mouth.
"Olivia...he's coming this way. Archer Greyson is...coming this way."
She spins me to look at him and I swallow the rest of the salad that's in my mouth.
"Thanks Ellie." He winks.
I look at her and she smiles sweetly at me. What's going on? That's when I notice everyone getting quiet and my face starts to heat up.
"Look, if you want to insult me more than-"
"Students of NorthBrook High." He interrupts.
Now everyone's attention is on us. He stands onto the table and I shoot glances at Ellie who tells me to listen.
"As you may know, we've been spending a lot of time together..."
Some girls groan.
"You may also know that the senior prom is coming up."
My eyes widen and my jaw drops. He isn't...asking me? Is he? One of his friends hands him a poster and he holds it so that its facing him and no one else. I cover my mouth as some more of his friends, including Ellie, leave the room and come back with balloons. They stand in a line and Archer goes to the back.
"Come on Liv." Ellie says excitedly.
I stand up, my heart beating out of my chest. The first person I meet is Ellie. She hands me the balloon and it says: G.
"The first impression you had on me was gorgeous." Archer announces.
I blush and take the next balloon, walking forward a bit. This one says: I.
"Honestly, it took everything in me or to fall in love with you. You're irresistible Olivia."
I smile and feel my heart skip a beat. I take the next one and it says: R.
"Never should you ever feel like your not beautiful because you're positively radiant."
After some more words, I get to Archer and his friends take the balloons from me. They line up in a horizontal line and Archer kneels down holding the poster. It says:
"Please make me the happiest person alive and let me take you to the senior prom and be my girlfriend?"
"Girlfriend" is spaced apart with each letter inside a balloon and I look at the line of people holding the balloons. They spell girlfriend and I cover my face with my hands.
Everyone 'awes' and says "say yes!"
I look at Archer begging blue eyes.
"What's your answer?"
"Um...I-"

Hoped you liked this chapter! What do you think she'll say? Comment below! Next chapter: tomorrow.
-Kayleigh