Chapter Seventeen

A gun shot. Two to be exact and screaming. My heart jolts out of my chest and I cover my ears as tears stream down my face. I come out of the closet and take one of the kitchen knifes. There's thumping going on upstairs and muffled voices. I begin to climb the stairs one by one, getting closer to the noise that seems to be coming from the game room. I peek my head around the corner and see someone laying on the ground, the metallic smell of blood hits me and I slide down the wall, clutching the knife. I can't make out who it is and some more tears escape. Shakily, I stand back up and walk to the room, I peer through the doorway and see Archer standing there shocked. I look around the room and see Daniel gripping his thigh and the mysterious man laying on the ground. I drop the knife and run to Archer who wraps me in his arms. We break apart and he wipes away my tears.
"It's okay...you're okay." He whispers as I hug him tightly again.
I look over at Daniel and rush to his side as he takes his bloody hand off of the wound. I gasp and look up to stop the nauseated feeling in my stomach.
"It just skimmed my leg, it's not deep at all." He grunts.
My heart beat slows down a bit and I sigh in relief. We wrap his thigh with gauze and sports tape. He stands up and walks around a little as I sit on the chair in the living room. This time, I'm as close to Archer as I can get, with my arms around him and my legs over his. He gently rubs the side of my thigh to calm me down and I bury my head in his chest.
"Your heart is beating like crazy, are you still scared?" He asks softly.
"No," I breath out, "more stunned than scared anymore."
"Alright, I'll take Dylan back to-"
I sit up.
"Wait, it was Dylan?"
They both nod.
"He's dead?"
"No, the gun I have now is like a tranquilizer, it releases a fluid that makes you pass out for about an hour or two."
I'm
I nod my head this time and snuggle back up to Archer who cradles me in his arms.
"Anyways, I'll take him to the police for breaking and entering and since he took the first shot, mine was self defense." Daniel states.
"Wait, won't you guys get arrested?" I ask confused.
They shake their head.
"Dylan can't tell why he was breaking in because then they're busted. We'd only get a fine or some community work since we didn't hurt anyone when we were apart of the gang." Archer says.
"And we dropped out." Daniel adds.
"Yeah, no duh." I say.
He rolls his eyes.
"Mind helping me get his body in my car?"
I cringe. Why'd he have to say 'body' couldn't he just say Dylan? Archer stands up and I wrap my arms around myself to retain the warmth he gave me.
"I'll be right back princess." He smiles.
I smile back and they walk upstairs. My phone buzzes a second later.
I bite my lip and shut off my phone. When Archer gets back inside, I jump up from the couch at the sound of the door opening and he walks in.
"It's just me." He states.
I sit back down and he takes a seat next to me.
"Why?" I ask.
He looks at me confused.
"Why what?"
I sigh.
"Why did you join in the first place?"
Archer runs a hand through his hair.
"I was 13 and stupid. At the time, everyone was talking about how gangs were fun and shit like that so I decided "why not"?"
"Oh." I respond, looking down.
He takes my hands in his and gazes into my honey brown eyes with his piercing blue ones.
"They'll probably cancel school because of what happened with us and Dylan."
"I don't need any more attention!" I groan.
He pulls me closer to him.
"You're right, I should be the only one allowed to look at my beautiful girl."
He leans in slowly and I can't take it anymore. I push my lips into his and gain control, that demolishes soon because he has me pinned to the couch in less than a second. As we break apart for air, I catch my breath as he moves to my neck, kissing it and leaving love bites behind. I giggle at the memory it brings back.
"What?" He asks huskily.
"Don't give me a hickey."
He smirks at me and starts to suck on my sweet spot making my body tingle.
"Archer..." I breath out.
He looks at me, lust fills his eyes.
He places a kiss on my lips. My heart skips a beat.
Our cute moment is ruined by the sound of thunder and I jump accidentally hitting Archer in the face.
"Damn." He cusses.
I start to laugh and hug him.
"I'm...sorry." I say in between giggles.
He glares at me and stands up. I look at his slightly swollen pink lips and touch my own which are in the same condition.
"Was Dylan trying to...hurt me?" I ask, suddenly scared again.
He shrugs.
"I don't know, but I'm not letting anyone near you so don't you worry about that."
Lightening strikes and the power goes out. I scream at the loud noise and jump into Archer's arms.
"I don't wanna go home." I whine, my voice muffled by his chest.
"Tell your mom that you're sleeping over at Ellie's tonight. My mom won't even know if we stay upstairs." He suggests.
I nod and grab my phone.
"Unless you scream in pleasure." Archer adds with a smirk.
I roll my eyes and call my mom. It's going to be a long night.

Hey guys just to give you a heads up, this book will have about 25-30 chapters and there may be a sequel but I don't know when I'm going to upload! Comment what you think so far!
- Kayleigh