Chapter Nineteen

Once again I'm met by the eerie silence of the night. I take a deep breath and turn down the sidewalk. When Greenville cafe comes into view, I tuck Archer's gun further into my back pocket and let the oversized jacket droop over by backside. I turn into the alley of the cafe and another building and the smell of smoke and garbage slams into me. I scrunch up my nose in disgust and quickly turn right to the back. My body stiffens when I spit Luke, Vee and Dylan talking in a little huddle. I take another breath to slow down my racing heart and beg to God that my voice won't come out as nervous as I feel.
"Ahem?" I say, crossing my arms over my chest.
They all turn around to look at me. All six eyes, sending icy glares my way.
"Olivia." Dylan says through gritted teeth.
I raise an eyebrow but keep my mouth shut.
"Next time, you won't have anyone to protect you."
I shift my eyes to Luke who clears his throat.
"We aren't killing her, we need her."
I can't help but feel my hands start to shake lightly as my stomach twists in knots.
"Enjoying my present?" Luke asks, nodding his head to my arm.
I glare at him and he chuckles. Vee smirks and Dylan keeps his cold glare, shooting daggers at me.
"Well, you came here to discuss things so please, come inside. Oh and there's no need to go to the police station. We took care of that."
I follow them into the cute cafe. I've been going here with my mom ever since I was little, but now that I'm here with them, it changes the whole cozy mood it once had before. The smell of baked goods calm me as I sit down.
"So, you and Archer are dating?" Vee asks.
It's the first time I've heard her voice since her snarky remark about ruining my trip and I shrug.
"I don't know what we are to be honest."
Luke stares me down.
"Don't lie to me Olivia, you know what I'm capable of." He says, pulling out a knife from his back pocket.
I'm somewhat calm as I feel Archer's gun, knowing that I have some sort of self defense this time.
"I'm not lying. You could ask him if you want, he'll probably just say that he's trying to get into my pants."
They all look at me intensely and I keep a straight face. Damn Olivia, actress much?
"Do you want anything to drink?" Luke asks, standing up.
I shake my head and he walks into the kitchen. My eyes tail his every move.
"Don't check out my boyfriend." Vee snaps.
I snort unattractively.
"He is the most unattractive human being I've met in my entire life by far."
Dylan chuckles quietly but is slapped on the arm by an angry Vee. Luke comes back in with four cups of water and he pushes me one. Does he think I'm stupid? The only way that I'm drinking anything, is if I fix it myself.
"I said I don't want any."
"Well, you're going to have some anyways." Vee hisses, clearly still mad about my comment on Luke.
I roll my eyes.
"Next step, kidnap you." Luke says.
My eyes widen but I quickly mask my surprise.
"He into won't even care, we aren't close."
"You are though. Kidnapping will take place soon."
I let out a breath a relief when I realized he wasn't talking about now.
"Olivia, are you sure that you'll be able to wear a prom dress?" Vee asks smirking at me.
I look up at her.
"Excuse me?"
She laughs.
"I mean, I wouldn't want to be seen in anything that squeezed me too tight. You're a little on the far side Liv. Archer probably doesn't even like you. Look at yourself. You're disgusting."
Tears rim my eyes and my confidence drops. Dylan and Luke chuckle as I look down at myself. I'm not fat.
I stand up and walk out, making sure to not look back.

I slip back into the bed with Archer and plant a small kiss onto his adorable sleeping face. Facing the other way, I replay Vee's words in my head. I had to admit. That did hurt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wake up!" Daniel yells.
I groan and a pillow my contact with the back of my head. I shoot up, causing my hair to whack me in my face.
"What the hell was that for?" I ask.
Daniel is doubled over laughing and I glare at him. Where is Archer? I spoke too soon. He comes into his room from the bathroom wearing jeans and a plain black shirt. Is simple yet he makes it look so hot. I bite my lip and look away as he catches my staring.
"It's ok if you look baby. It's all yours."
I roll my eyes. There's my egotistical boyfriend for ya.
"What am I going to wear?" I ask.
Last night, I changed into Archer's plain red shirt that came to about an inch above my knees.
"Never mind." I say quickly, gaining an idea.
I rush into the bathroom with my shorts in hand. I pull in the dark wash shorts and tie his shirt in a knot above my belly button. It looks like a cute, loose crop top and I smile at myself. My hair looks reasonably okay and I don't even bother putting in any makeup. Then, I take a second look at my flat stomach and start to feel self conscious. I pull the shirt down so that it touches the top of my shorts.
"I'm ready!" I call out to the boys.
We walk downstairs, his mom is already at work and took Maizee to day care.
"What anything to eat baby girl?" Archer asks me as we get into the kitchen.
I shake my head.
"Oh, by the way, Luke made a deal with us. He keeps Dylan to anyone else out of our house and we stay out of his way." Daniel says.
I roll my eyes.
"Well, of course we don't trust him. But that saves us from sneaking to the police station." Archer adds.
We sit down and I watch them chew on a bagel and down some orange juice. My stomach begs for food but I ignore it and take out my phone.
"Are you sure you don't want anything?" Archer asks me again.
I reply with an 'I'm sure' and we get up and go to his car. Once we're in and buckled, I stare at my thighs, sprawled out on the chair. They look so...fat.
"So, are you feeling better from yesterday? Daniel asks me.
I look back up and clear my throat.
"Yeah I'm fine, the question is, is your leg okay?"
I look at the back seat and he nods.
"That's good."
My phone buzzed and I pick it up.
Big Liv, that's my new nickname for you. I have several other too. I mean, with you're weight, who wouldn't? Just saying, you aren't pretty Olivia. You're fat and disgusting.
-Vee
I shut my eyes tight as the tests threaten to spill. I glance out the window and let out a shaky breath. I'm so ugly.

----------------------------------------------------
If I knew Vee, I'd probably kick her ass right then and there. Haha comment what you think down below!
-Kayleigh