Chapter Three

"Can you drop me off at home?" I ask him.
"Yeah sure."
I have to admit. I was a little paranoid about getting in the car with him again since the incident from the morning.
"Dylan Turner...do you know him?" I ask Archer.
He groans and pulls into our neighborhood.
"Yeah, we were on this type of...club together once." He states.
I hold in a giggle.
"Like a book club?"
He looks at me and cracks a smile.
"You can call it that, it was a little more complicated than that though."
I start to laugh.
"So you were reading chapter books? How challenging."
He rolls his eyes playfully and pulls up to my house.
"Thanks for the ride." I say.
"Yeah yeah, it doesn't mean I like you more."
"You like me?" I ask, smirking.
"Actually, having to save you from them made me like you even less so we're back to an "I don't know an Olivia Hastings" base."
Now it's my turn to roll my eyes. I get out of his car and wave as he pulls off and drives down the road.
I punch in the code for my garage to open and if reveals my white mustang. I sigh in relief and walks towards it. As I get closer, I notice some red letters on the side.
"No, no, no!" I say to myself as I rush to see if my baby was okay.
The, used to be, white mustang was spray painted on and my rearview mirrors were broken. I red the letters.
This is a warning, I would stop talking to Archer while you can still walk.
"Shit." I breathe out.
Is this one of his psycho one night stands? Or is this a prank? My brothers.
"Michael, Chris and Sam!" I scream as I stomp inside the house.
They all look over the couch and they're eyes are hard to read.
"What the hell did you do to my car!"
Tears roll down my eyes, more of in anger than because I'm sad. That'll be a shitload of money coming out of MY allowance.
"Olivia Alexis Hastings!" My mom says from the kitchen, "language little girl!"
"Mom! Look what they did to my car."
She puts down the pan and goes in the garage to look at my vandalized car. While she does that, I take the opportunity to slap each of my brothers.
"Which one of you did that?" I ask.
They all look at each other.
"We didn't do anything, some people did it and it was like that when school was over." Sam says.
"Did you see who did it?" I ask impatiently.
They shake their heads. I let out a loud groan and run back out to the garage.
"Who is Dylan?" My mom asks me.
My body tenses.
"Is he here?" I ask nervously.
She shakes her head and waves me over to the left side of my car, the side I didn't see.
My little Olivia, nice seeing you with Archer, are you guys dating? I wouldn't if I were you.
-Dylan and others
"Who is Dylan?" She repeats.
"I...I don't know which one...there's a lot of Dylan's at my school." I respond.
I know exactly which Dylan it is.
"Well, I'm calling the police."
"No mom wait! I'll let them off with a warning." I say.
She shakes her head.
"No Olivia, this is serious."
"Mom, it's my car, I bought it, it's my responsibility!"
She sighs.
"Fine, just make the right choice."
I nod my head as she goes back inside. I grab my keys and hop inside. My car races down the road to Archer's house and I hop out and ring his doorbell. He answers the door confused.
"Look!" I say motioning to my car.
He walks down and runs a hand through his light brown hair.
"Great."
I run over to him.
"What?" I ask.
He looks at me and then at the car.
"They...he...they...can we talk later?"
I glare at him.
"No Archer! Why does he and "the others" think that we have something going on?" I ask him demandingly.
"Get off of my property!" Archer demands.
"I'm not goin-"
"Olivia get off of my property and don't talk to me again. You can solve this problem yourself."
I look at him in disbelief and slowly get in my car. He walks inside without a glance back and I drive home. What the hell is his deal?

Comment what you think!
-Kayleigh