Chapter Seven

I pull open the door to Maizee and Archer's game room to find a complete arcade. I look around in amusement as Maizee giggles and skips into the room.
"This is awesome!" I say.
Archer turns around in his chair.
"I know."
I roll my eyes playfully and walk in.
"Ok Maizee, what game first?"
Maizee runs over to the closet and opens the door causing multiple games to fall out. The first one I see is twister.
"Can we play twister?" I ask excitedly.
"Are you like 5?" Archer asks.
I nod my head.
"Precisely."
Maizee picks up the box and hands it to me. I smile and take the cardboard and begin to set up the game.
"Archer, can you spin the wheel for Maizee and I?"
He gets up and takes the spinner from my hands.
"Right foot, blue." He says.
Maizee and I place our right foot in the blue circle and I smile at her already losing her balance. Luckily, she steadies herself and gives Archer a nod to go on. He spins again.
"Left hand, yellow."
I bend over to put my left hand on the yellow circle and catch a glimpse of Archer glancing at my butt. Maizee lowers herself wobbly and sets her hand on the yellow circle.
"Left foot, green." Archer announces.
I notice Maizee sticking her tongue out in concentration and I know that if she tries to reach the green circle, she'll fall so I pretend to get shaky and fall on my side.
"You won Maizee!" I say happily.
Her face lights up and she jumps around.
"I won, I won, I won!" She repeats.
I stand up and giggle.
"Maizee can you spin for Olivia and I?" Archer asks, smirking at me.
I reply with a smirk of my own and get into my competitive side. Archer is going down, literally.
"Left foot, yellow." Maizee announces.
I step on the yellow circle and glance at Archer, determination in my eyes.
"Right hand, green."
Again we follow our orders and I land steadily on the green spot.
"Right foot, blue."
This time, I have to cross my legs to reach the other circle, this position may not be comfortable, but I'm winning this.
"Left hand, red."
Somehow, I end up reaching over Archers stomach and our faces are really close together making me blush. I stay still though, there's no way he's beating me.
"Kiss me Hastings." He whispers.
I turn my head and giggle nervously as Maizee calls out or next order.
"Right foot, green."
I lift my foot and place it onto the green spot and Archer falls, landing on his back. I'm about to do my award winning victory dance when he pulls me on top of him and starts to tickle me.
"S-stop!" I plead.
He picks me up and throws me over his shoulder.
"I'm serious! Put me down." I whine.
"If you say so."
In a second, I find myself falling into a beanbag chair and crushed by his weight.
"Off. Now." Maizee demands.
The little girl is too cute for her own good. I watch in awe as she narrows his big blue eyes at Archer and he stands up slowly. I take this opportunity to grab Maizee and run into her room.
"We have to hide! He's coming for us!" I say.
She gasps and holds onto me tightly as we close her closet door.
"Hm. Where could they be?" Archer says, outside her bedroom door.
I giggle at her determined face and she shushes me.
The closet door flings open and reveals Archer. Maizee screams and runs out, leaping onto her bed.
"Alright sweety, time for bed." Mrs. Greyson says coming into her room.
She gets under the covers and I say goodnight before Archer and I walk out and back into the game room.
"You're a great big brother." I state.
"Whatever." He says back, grabbing a remote controller.
I smile at him.
"What?" He asks.
"You aren't even that bad to be a bad boy."
He shrugs.
"I'm as hot though."
How much bigger can his head get? I mean seriously how is he not tipping over with his huge ego?
"Admit it, I'm hot."
"You're not hot, not at all." I say.
He hands me a controller.
"You know I am."
I roll my eyes.
"You'd probably make a pretty girl." I say randomly.
He chuckles at this making me smile again.
"You'd probably make a pretty girl too Livvy."
Just as it comes my smile drops and is replaced by a scowl directed at Mr. Idiot over there.
"You know how to play 2k?" He asks.
"No, but I could probably kick your ass at it blindfolded." I respond confidently.
"Is that a bet?" He asks.
I nod my head. Why? I don't really know.
"Alright, your on. Except, let's not make you blindfolded."
"Fine."
I really wish I haven't made that bet because one, he never told me what he would get out of it and two and I'm losing so bad right now. It's like a million to zero.
"It's over and I win!"
Archer announces.
"Whatever." I say under my breath.
"Now for my prize." He smirks.
I wince.
"What do you want?"
"A..."
"A what?"
"A massage."
That's not too bad.
"On my shoulders."
Still not that bad.
"But you have to straddle me whilst doing it."
I spoke too soon.
"Do I have to?" I whine.
"Or you could pay me $200 dollars."
I sigh in defeat and he sits on the ground, his legs out and his back resting against a beanbag. I awkwardly reach my leg to his other side and sit down.
"Now massage me." He demands.
I take my hands and start to massage his shoulders and he rubs his hands on my thighs making me blush. At least his eyes are closed.
"Am I done now?" I ask.
He flings open his eyes.
"Aw, you're blushing. I love the affect I have on you."
I hide my face in my hands. Face, I thought you were done embarrassing me, I mean what else do you need to do? You look like this! He takes my hands away.
"It looks cute."
A moment passes with us just awkwardly starring into each other's eyes like a starring contest or something and I heat up all over. He starts to lean in and I panic. I mean, I want to kiss him, but does it even mean anything to him? I bite my lip and I let go as he gets closer. Our lips touch for a sweet second before his mom calls us.
"Archer, Olivia, time for bed. We need to get up early tomorrow."
I avoid eye contact as I slip off of his waist and walk into the guest room. Our families have planned to take us to a beach house without telling us and we leave tomorrow. They thought it would be easier if we all stayed under one roof tonight so we can leave earlier in the morning. It didn't make sense to me but I didn't really have a choice.
"Goodnight mom." I say, kissing her cheek.
She says good night back and I say goodnight to my brothers and slip into bed. Archer Greyson almost kissed me. He almost kissed me. My heart tingles and butterflies erupt in my stomach as I replay the moment in my head. Do I seriously like Archer? Great, things just got a lot harder.

Hahahaha I love these next few chapters and I hope you will too! What do you think? Does he actually like her or is he playing her like all the others?
-Kayleigh