Chapter Twenty-Three

I sit in the waiting room of the hospital. It's been hours since the accident and I'm still waiting to hear about Archer and Daniel. When the questions were over, Ellie and I were released to come wait here. My body forbid me from crying anymore so I just sit in the uncomfortable waiting chair, speechless and motionless. My heart ache increased tremendously and it was physically painful to even hear his name. His mom and sister came, my mom and brothers came, Ellie is also here along with Daniels parents. As soon as the boys got here, they were both rushed into emergency surgery. It's only been four hours but it feels like a lifetime. Everyone is offering me food and drinks but my stomach is in no mood for eating when the love of my life is fighting for his life in the other room. My vision starts to get blurry and my already raw eyes unleashes another load of tears. My arm and cheek are coated with blood but I convinced them that I'll get myself cleaned up after I know about Archer. I tap my foot on the ground. An uncomfortable silence fills the room.
"Olivia." My mom says.
I keep my eyes glued to the door.
"Yes." I respond, my voice croaky.
She sighs.
"You need to sleep."
I turn around to see mostly everyone asleep, including Ellie. My tears drop off of my face and onto my legs and I take a shaky breath.
"Mom, I'm not sleeping until I know that he'll be okay."
She gives me a longing look as I turn back around.
"He'll be okay."
I snap my head back around to her and even more tears roll down my cheeks. My throat tightens as I hold back a sob.
"Mom, you don't know that. I love him so much and if only it were me instead..."
I shut my eyes tightly and stop talking, I feel like if I continue, I would just breakdown even more.
"Olivia, don't say that. None of us knew that thi-"
The door opens and I stand up is fast that I almost fall back down.
"Is he okay? Will he make it?" I ask, the questions rolling out of me.
She gives me a soft smile.
"Archer Greyson is doing surprisingly well." she starts.
I tense instantly and feel a heavy weight fall
Off my chest.
"The bullet missed any major organs. His surgery went well and he is recovering. He's in a coma right now but the doctors predict that he will wake up in the next...hm, day or so."
A huge smile makes its way into my face and she smiles once more.
"You can go in and talk to him if you'd like, he can hear you."
I sprint into the hall and when I get to his room I take a deep breath before going in. His skin is still a little pale and there's tubes connected to his nose. I make my way over to him and sit down on the chair next to his bed.
"Hey babe." I greet as a small smile tugs on my lips.
I take his hand in mine and try my best to warm it up.
"It's Olivia...you're going to be okay baby." My voice cracks at the end and happy tears roll down my cheeks.
"You're mom is here and so is Maizee. Archer, I love you so much and can't wait for you to wake up."
His face remains motionless and I frown a bit.
"Dylan is dead. The police got Luke and he's locked up. It's all over baby. Now all you have to do is wake up and we'll fall in love all over again. I just need to hear your voice, see your eyes. Archer I want you to hold me again. I want you to tell me you love me again. I want you to...wake up."
I sigh. I know he'll wake up but I'm really impatient.
"Goodnight baby, I love you." I say as my eyes start to close.
His hand squeezes mine for a short second and my eyes open wide.
"Doctor!" I yell with joy.
They rush into the room.
"What is it? Is he okay?"
I smile brightly at them.
"He squeezed my hand!"
They smile.
"Sometimes when they hear what people are saying, they build up energy to make little movements. What did you say?"
"I said I love you."
"That usually does it."
I squeeze his hand lightly.
"Yep, I love you Archer Greyson. I'm in love with you."
The doctors smile.
"You should get some sleep, your welcome to sleep in the chair and his family is going to visit."
I nod my head.
"Okay."
They start to walk out and I stop them.
"Do you know anything about Daniel West?" I ask.
They shake their head.
"All we know is that he is still in surgery."
I frown. I hope he's ok as well.
"Ok thank you."
They nod in response and I feel my eyes start to become heavy.
"I love you Archer." I whisper.

Two days later:

"Good morning babe!" I greet happily as I sit up.
His skin is regaining color and he's off of the breathing support.
"I can't wait for you to wake up so I can hug you, and kiss you and so you can hold me, and go back to having that huge ego that I miss so much surprisingly! I miss you so much."
I smile at him, instead of looking restless and stressed out he actually looks lively. I plant a kiss onto his cheek and step out of the room to get a granola bar.
"Hey girl!" Ellie says as she walks into the hospital.
"Hey El."
I feed the dollar to the vending machine and out comes a granola bar.
"Having fun eating hospital food?" She asks.
I roll my eyes.
"I mean, you might as well be a patient here!"
We both giggle.
"I have to be there with him the moment he wakes up. Which is today so...gotta go! See you later. Oh and tell Daniel I said hi." I state as I rush back to Archer's room.
Daniel is also in a coma but he's in a much worse state. They don't know if he'll wake up so I'm planning to visit him after Archer wakes up. I go into his room and drop my granola bar as his clear blue eyes look into mine.
"Olivia?" He asks, his voice weak.
I slap my hands over my mouth and tears fill my eyes. My heart leaps and I walk over to him and throw my arms around his neck.
"H-hi." I cry.
He chuckles quietly.
"Olivia," he says, lifting my chin, "you're the love of my life and I love you. I love you so much it hurts."
He wraps me tightly into a hug and I cry softly at his words.
"I love you too."
We break apart and his lips crash into mine. I automatically respond and our lips move in sync. His tongue slips into my mouth and in seconds it turns into a heated make out session. We're interrupted by a door opening. I pull back as my cheeks tinge pink and the doctor narrows his eyes at us.
"Mr. Greyson, if you don't know, you were shot and need to rest," he turns to me and I lower my head, "make sure if you do do anything...don't take it too far and make sure that he isn't in any pain."
I nod and look at Archer whose smirking at me.
"All in all, I'm glad you're awake from your coma Mr. Greyson."
He thanks him and I stand up.
"Has anything changed with Daniel West?" I ask.
His smile fades and I get a panicked feeling in my stomach.
"They don't think he'll make it." The doctor announces.
My heart drops. He saved me from the drugs, he protected me from Dylan. He can't die. He means so much to me, to all of us. I nod sadly and the doctor walks out.
"Liv, what happened to Daniel?" Archer asks, concern laces in his words.
"He got shot twice, one near his left lung and one in the stomach. He lost a lot of blood." I respond quietly.
Archer looks down and I kiss his cheek.
"Hey, he's strong. He can make it through this." I smile.
He groans.
"I don't like this."
I tilt my head to the side.
"Don't like what?"
"I am supposed to be taking care of you, not the other way around."
I giggle lightly.
"It kicks your ego down a couple steps doesn't it?"
He smirks at me.
"Oh please baby, this ego is still high and the fact that I still look like a model after being in a coma proves it."
I roll my eyes playfully.
"Hey, you said you wanted my ego back."
"Oh yeah...I did say that didn't I..." I giggle.
Actually he isn't wrong. His lightish brown hair is tousled and tired blue eyes add to his perfect look. He's adorable. Then he smiles.
"What?" I ask wiping my mouth in case I was drooling over my imperfectly perfect boyfriend.
He shakes his head.
"You're beautiful Olivia." He compliments.
I blush lightly.
"Thank you."
His mom comes in along with Maizee and I stand up.
"I'll be visiting Daniel okay?" I say.
He nods and then is squeezed by his mom. I walk out and down the hall to Daniel's room. Someone is taking his name off of the door and I frown as an uneasy feeling settles in my stomach.
"No, no, no."
I open the door and gasp at what I see.
••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey guys!! I really wanted you guys to see this next chapter and see what happens so here it is! This book has about 30 chapters so we're almost done! Comment what you think!
- Kayleigh