Chapter Eleven

I take my shower with several interruptions by Archer. For the seventh time this morning, he opened the door and peeked in. I wrap the towel around my body, extra tight and slap him.
"What was that for?" He asks, holding his cheek.
"I told you what would happen if you did that again." I smirk.
He leaves and I get dressed. We have one more day here since we only went for the weekend and after we get back to Greenville, California, that's when we have something to worry about. I walk out of the steam filled bathroom and into the living room.
"We'll start training you after dinner, we'll be out there for a while so make sure you get some ready today." He hands me a list and my jaw drops.
"I can't learn all of these things in one night!" I whine.
"Well, you'll have to, if they come and attack you or me of both of us unexpectedly, you'll need to know how to fight."
I scoff.
"I can fight Archer."
He reaches into the fridge and hands me a yellowish looking drink with the consistency of a smoothie.
"What is this?" I ask in disgust.
"A protein shake. Drink it."
I hand it back to him.
"No can do."
He takes a swig and hands it back to me.
"It's not even that bad, just try it."
I sigh and take the shake. I stick my tongue out and dip it into the smoothie. Sweetness fills my tastebuds and I grin.
"See, I told you. Now drink up and put on your shoes. We're going for a run."
I groan.
"I thought you said we start training later!"
He takes the empty cup from my hands and throws it into the sink.
"Well, I lied."
I roll my eyes as I put on my shoes and walk out the door.
"So, we'll run one mile right now and it will extend throughout the day."
I shield the blazing sun from blinding me.
"Whatever." I mumble.
"Ok, ready, set, go!"
He takes off running and I start to jog behind him. The sun beams down onto us and I start wishing for a cloud to cover it. It's only been a couple minutes into the run and I already feel my legs aching.
"Are we done yet?" I call out to Archer.
He turns around so that he's running backwards.
"Not even close!"
I slow down and eventually stop to untie and tie my shoes again. What? That's the only excuse that I could think of. I look up and Archer is standing above me.
"Oh hello." I say innocently.
He takes my hand and yanks me back up into my aching feet. I squint while looking up at him.
"Run." He states.
"To where?"
"There's a lake up ahead, we'll stop there and you'll swim a few laps and then we will continue running the rest of the way."
I slide my hand up to his chest and come closed to him.
"Or we could go somewhere private." I smirk.
He takes my hand off and starts to run.
"That's going to work Olivia, now start running."
I groan for the hundredth time and start to run. As I see the lake become closer, I gain determination and by the halfway mark, I'm sprinting past Archer, my eyes on the cold water. I climb some rocks of a ledge and stand there, waiting for Archer to come too.
"I didn't know that you could run so damn fast." He announces.
I narrow my eyes at him and he walks in front of me. Oh Archer, bad mistake. I slap him and he winces.
"That was for not helping me pick up the glass and mayo that one day!" I yell.
Next, I kick him in the balls.
"That was for giving me a hickey!"
I take all of my anger and push him forward, watching him fall off the ledge and into the lake.
"And that was for sleeping with that slut!"
He comes up gasping for air and I jump off. The icy cold water surrounds me and I feel better as it cools me off.
"What the heck?" Archer whines as he climbs out.
I get on my back and float around.
"Don't what the heck me," I snap, "I told you that I can fight and now you know that I can run fast."
He gets in next to me.
"I have to teach you how to actually fight not just taking cheap shots."
I splash him.
"Why didn't you tell me to bring a bathing suit?"
"I wanted you to take off your clothes."
I glare at him and splash him again. What a perv. He chuckles and we float there for a moment.
"You know I'm doing this so that if I'm not around, you can protect yourself right?"
"Yeah I know." I respond.
"How about we get out and go back to the house and then continue tonight. You look tired."
I stand up.
"Ok but I'm not tired I can handle anything."
He chuckles again.
"Then do you want to keep training?"
"No!"
"Exactly."
We walk back to the house and I start to regret not putting on sunscreen because a sun burn is forming right under my eyes. I groan as I look into the mirror and see slightly pink blotches under my eyes and at the tip of my nose.
"I'm hungry!" I yell to Archer from the bathroom.
"I'm making food chill out!" He yells back.
I sigh and change into some shorts and a shirt before I head into the kitchen. Archer turns around and I cover my face.
"Ha! Your sun burnt!" He laughs.
My face heats up.
"What's for breakfast?" I ask trying to change the subject.
"Your face is red!" I yells with joy.
I roll my eyes ignoring the blush. He puts the spatula down.
"And now you're blushing."
I shrug and he takes my hands in his. I bite my lip as my heart starts speeds up and my stomach unleashes the unwanted butterflies.
"W-what are you doing?" 
He moves his hands down to my waist and traces circles along my hips as he looks into my eyes.
"I'm sorry for getting you into this." He says quietly.
"I-it's ok..." I whisper.
He looks into my eyes. Is he about to kiss me? He leans in and...
"Ah! No PDA please!" My brother yells from the door.
We break apart and I look down making a shield of hair to cover my blushing face. Why does this always happen? Olivia you can't get close to him, no kissing, no flirting, no hugging. It's for the best.

Eh, I don't really like this chapter that much but I had to write it since its kind of important. What do you think she hears? Comment down below!
-Kayleigh