Ch. 20 The Chase

Sam's P.O.V.

I can't believe Mary killed her sister so calmly. It made me realize how little I really knew about her. I was in the back seat as they were up front. I had no idea where we driving to and there was no point in asking, they wouldn't answer. It was so hard to stay awake after all the tests they had done on me. I really hope Jade or anyone else isn't focused on getting me back I'm not important anyways. This whole thing is getting tiring, I don't even understand why this is happening.

"Can I please unlock the handcuff?" I asked getting tired of the it hurting my wrist. They handcuffed me to the car so, I couldn't escape or use my magic. Seriously I don't have magic because if I did I would have escaped a long time ago.

"No shut up you'll use your powers. And anyways we won't be in the car for too much longer. After all of this we'll be rich and you will, well you'll be dead," Nick told me laughing at the end. I sighed realizing this was the end, eh oh well. I slowly fell asleep to the movement of the car.

Cher's P.O.V.

We decided that since Rachel would be riding in Natalie's car, her car would be leading as we follow behind. Hopefully we would make it in time before they got to the boat. I wonder how Natalie and Rachel know each other. It obviously did not end well after seeing that fight back at her house. I still wasn't sure who was telling the truth between the two. I mean they both cared about Sam, but who was her mother.

"Hey, Cher are you still up?" Jesy asked me sitting in the passenger seat. We had become pretty good friends through this whole mess.

"Yeah, why?"

"I was bored and you're the only one who's still awake. So, what do you think about all of this?" She asked turning to face me as best as she could against the seat belt.

"I don't know anymore at this point. I don't know who to believe at this point. I mean yeah Natalie's story makes sense, but that would mean Norma is crazy. Well if Norma is right, Natalie is crazy. Either way we're stuck with a crazy lady," I shook my head, I couldn't believe how we had gotten to this point.

"Yeah or we're just imagining all of these things and we're in comas. That's it that's the truth, we're all crazy and everything that is happening is fake," She concluded.  After that it became silent while I kept driving. Natalie's car put her signal on for turning right and I followed her lead. We turned onto a dirt road that was bumpy enough to wake up everyone else.

"Hey, what's going on!" Jade said groggily.

"I don't know we just took a turn on a dirt road, seems like we might be close because we're speeding up," Jesy explained. Looks like we'll be able to get to Sam. Maybe our luck had finally turned around. I started to speed up the car as I noticed there was a large gap between our car and theirs.

"Hey, do you guys see that?" Perrie asked us pointing to a shadow up ahead.

"Wait is that the ferry?" Jade asked sounding nervous. The feeling in the car got tense as we were all thinking that we were too late. I wonder what was going on in the other car. I would not want to be Rachel during this because Natalie looked like she was going to kill her back at the house.

Rachel's P.O.V.

I can't believe she's here. I messed up and I dug myself into a deeper hole with what I said back at the house. This whole car ride has been the most stressful time in my life which wasn't helped by Natalie and Grace glaring at me. I'm sure Rose would have been glaring at me as well if she didn't have to focus on the road. I look back down at the computer to see where Nick and Mary are at.

"We're going to be taking a right at that dirt path," I meekly tell Rose. She doesn't respond only looking at me through the mirror then back at the road. I sigh looking out the window until I hear her voice.

"I honestly just don't get it. Why'd you leave? I mean what was so wrong that you had to leave." Natalie questions. Her voice is calm, but I could see the hurt in her eyes.

"There was nothing wrong that made me leave. There was nothing anyone did that caused me to leave. I-"

"Why did you go then? Why didn't you at least tell me before you left?" She's staring at me and all I can do is stare back not having an answer. I regretted leaving but after I did there was no way I could go back.

"Yeah you could have come back and it would have been fine. Instead you went out and got married and had a kid. You kidnapped my daughter! And you want to act like you're sorry about all this. If you were truly sorry about leaving you would have never brought Sam into this. Does your husband even know about who you are?"

"I told you I took care of your daughter! I never had a part in her kidnapping or anything. I was going to bring her back I swear I was just waiting for the right time." I tried to plead with her, but she doesn't believe me.

"How can I believe you? That's my daughter they have. You haven't gone through sleepless nights wondering if you're daughter is still even alive. You don't know what it was like to see my other daughters not understanding why their sister can't be home." Natalie says; the pain is clear on her face. I go to reach for her when I'm pulled back by Grace who has me pinned to my seat. Natalie gives me one more look before turning around and going on her phone.

Grace releases me and I turn back to the computer to see Nick and Mary are stopped up ahead. I tell Rose about it and she turns off the lights as Cher follows in suit. When we're close enough to hear the water Rose parks the car as Cher does the same right next to us. We all get out of the car meeting in a circle to discuss how we're going to get Sam back.

So, how'd you like it? Sorry for the long wait, but I'm back now so yeah. Anyways hope you guys liked it and are doing good.