Ch. 10 Prepared for the Funeral

2 months later

Jesy's P.O.V.

It's been two months since Sam died. The funeral is going to be held tomorrow on Sunday. Jade isn't doing the best she's completely blocked off everyone. She blames herself even though we've all told her she couldn't have stopped it. Right now I'm going out with Leigh to go buy food for tomorrow. More or less everybody going to the funeral is coming over to our house tomorrow. Jade's mum has been staying over here because we didn't want her to be alone. Perrie with Norma's help is trying to convince Jade to get out of her room.

"C'mon Leigh we need to get going." Leigh came down the stairs and we headed out to the store. It was a five minute ride to the store since we were close. I went and got a trolley while Leigh got out the list. We started out in the dairies and ended up in the grains. While we were waiting in line Leigh and I started to talk.

"Jes, do you think we should go check up on Cher. The last time we talked was two weeks ago when we told her about the funeral details."

"Yeah that'd be good to make sure she's ok." After we put the bags in the car we headed for Cher's house. We pulled up onto the driveway and saw the garage just closing.

"Looks like someone's home," Leigh said. I agreed and hoped that it would be Cher. We got out of the car and went to the front door. I rang the doorbell and saw Cher's husband, Craig opened it.

"Hey Craig do you know if Cher's home?" Leigh asked.

"Hey girls yeah she's upstairs I can go get her for you. Come on in." We went to the living room and sat on the couch waiting for Cher to come down.

"Cher will be down in a sec, do you guys want anything to drink?"

"Water for me would be great, thanks."

"Ok and how about you Leigh?"

"I'll have water as well, thanks." He went to the kitchen to get it and we heard Cher coming down the stairs.

"Hey girls."

"Hey Cher how are you feeling?" I asked.

"Not the best, but Craig is helping me the through it. I'm not sure how I'm going to hold up at the funeral tomorrow though. How about you girls and Jade and her family?"

"Aww it will be okay we'll be there for you too. We're okay, Jade's family is holding up actually Norma is staying at our house. Jade's not doing too well she stays in her room and won't let anybody in." I explained to her. Craig came back and gave us the waters before whispering something to Cher and kissing her on the cheek then left.  Leigh and I talked to Cher for a little while more and then left to go home and get ready for tomorrow. As we were going home a different route we saw an adoption center specifically the one Sam came from. I thought I saw something or someone moving in there, but before I could check it out again the light turned green and we were off. I dismissed the thought it was probably just my mind playing a trick on me. I hadn't gotten much sleep last night so, it was due to that, right?

Jade's P.O.V.

Two months, two months since I last my sister, two months since I've been out of my room, two months. It's all my fault I could have protected her if I had just been earlier in realizing she was my sister. The girls tell me that it's not my fault and I couldn't have done anything, but that's not true. They also said that Sam wouldn't want me to be this way, but how can they even say that when I barely knew her! I lost her once when she was little and now I lost her again this time for forever. Maybe I should just kill myself and make the pain go away. I can't though I need to stay strong for my family, the girls, and the mixers. I have been stalking their accounts and that' s what helps me to get by. I feel bad that I can't go out and meet all of them, but that's life I guess. I've lost some weight since I barely eat anymore. My mom's tried to get me to eat more and talk, but it just doesn't work.

She's been so strong through all of this and I look up to her for that. I would never be able to hold up like her if one of my kids died. Perrie has been in the room for awhile trying to coax me to come out or something I've stopped listening. I see her walk out after realizing I'm not listening and I hear her talking to my mom. I hear the door open and my mom walks in to come sit by me.    

"Jade, I know it's hard for you, but you got to keep strong. Granite we didn't know her for long, but she wouldn't want you to be like this. I know you might not remember, but when you two were younger she would always hang around you and cried when I took you to school. You have to be strong and not let Sam's life go to waste."

"It's hard mum I could have saved if I wasn't stupid to not realize she was my sister earlier."

"Jade it's not your fault you didn't realize her earlier she had changed a lot since you last saw her. What could have done to save her, jump in front of the bullet? No that wouldn't have helped anything. You got to stay strong even in the darkest of days."

"You're right mom I need to stay strong. Thank you I love you."

"I'm always right. I love you too now come on you need to eat, but first shower you stink." I laughed at what she said and went to go take a shower. She was right I really did stink I must look horrible. After taking a shower and changing I felt fresh and realized how hungry I am. I went downstairs and saw my mom making food which smelt really good. 

After Dinner

Right now we were discussing about what would happen tomorrow. Mom had already filled out all the papers so, we didn't have that to worry about. First we were going to the church, then to the burial place, and finally some close people would come back to our house. We decided to not have a showing because it would be too hard. People would be able to come in and pay their respects, but the coffin would not be opened. I honestly am dreading tomorrow and wanting it to go by fast hopefully I'll be able to get through it.

A/N Hope you guys are doing ok. You guys are the best, thank you for everything. Happy Valentines Day!! If you ever need someone to talk to just message me. Have a great day or night. Stay strong.