Ch. 17 The Office

Cher's P.O.V.

I can't believe Rachel told us that, I mean I know she was close to Sam, but enough to rat out her husband. I'm not as mad as I am at Bryan anymore, but I'm still pissed off. I just don't get what they want with Sam. Why would scientists want her? What is Norma keeping from everybody? Is Sam really even human? Of course she has to be human, I mean aliens don't exist. Unless they do, okay this is definitely going to give me a headache. I was brought out of my thoughts by Rachel asking us a question.

"So do you guys want to see the office or not?" I look over to see Jesy shrug her shoulders and Leigh shake her head. 

"Do you mind if we talk in private real quick?" I asked.

"Sure I'll be in the other room, call me when you've made up your minds." Rachel walked out and the two girls walked over to me.

"I don't think this is a good idea what if she calls her husband and he comes to kill us."

"Leigh from what she told us I don't think she would do that. I'm not a hundred percent sure though seeing as I barely know her."

"Well, what do you think Cher you've known her the longest?"

"I don't think she would do that like Jesy said, she obviously is against what they're doing to Sam. Anyways though this is our best lead since the papers."

"So, are we saying yes then?" Leigh asked looking between the two of us. We both nodded and I called for Rachel to come in.

"What's your choice?"

"We want to look in it." I said making Rachel nod and gesture to us to follow her. She went and stopped in front of a room. A few minutes later she came out with a rusty pair of keys.

"Don't worry it's not full of dust, it's like this to disguise it as a decoration piece." We nodded and continued following her down the stairs to a bedroom. She turned on the light then led us to the closet where she opened up the wall. Sounds weird, but it's true kind of, it's sort of a wall. I went in first and Jesy came in last checking around the bedroom before coming inside. The hidden room was nothing out of the normal just an office. That was until we went in farther to see basically a science laboratory. It looked like it was used very recently. There were papers strewn across the floor and the white board had writing all over it. A few cups and wrappers were scattered around the table. The desk in the office looked like it was hit by a tornado papers all around.

"Well feel free to look around and if you're going to touch anything use the gloves. Make sure to put everything back where you found it, hopefully this'll help. I'm going to be upstairs so, if you need anything just give a holler." We nodded and thanked her. As the girls started looking over things I went up to Rachel and we went outside of the room.

"Thank you so much for the help Rachel."

"It's no problem Cher I want the best for Sam, and you guys are going to be able to get her free."

"Well hopefully this helps us out a lot. If you don't mind me asking, but why do you care about Sam so much?"

"Ah, well that's a long story to explain to you. Honestly you would think I'm lying, but remember its for a greater good. Sometimes what we think might be right isn't always the case for certain people. What you're doing is noble and makes sense as you don't know all the secrets. There's more to what's going on right now. Maybe some people close to you are holding secrets. Secrets that can make this, a whole different ball game." Rachel then left leaving me into a state of confusion. What was she talking about? Is someone really holding secrets? I decided it'd be best for me to go back down.

"So, did you guys find anything yet?"

"Nope, I've been looking at the white board and none of it makes sense." Jesy said.

"I haven't come across any important documents so far." Leigh explained. I went over and looked at the papers with Jesy. Leigh went to examine the white board. We continued switching off positions until Leigh found something.

"Hey guys come here I think this paper will bring us closer to finding Sam." We all came closer to the paper to see what was on it. Leigh started reading it out loud.

"A subject has now been found to test on. It is a young female girl and looks to be in good condition. Her blood results have come in and she seems healthy. I do think she might not be from this planet though. It's just a thought, but we will have to do further tests on her. Right now we have to keep her in an orphanage to make it less obvious. We have thrown off the police and they shouldn't be bother anymore. I have started planning the tests and they will be conducted right away. If we can't find anything out of ordinary from the tests then we will turn to plan b. Plan B should be taken as our last step and if it's dire. Plan B is to kill the subject then to cut her up and examine her insides. We will take out a couple bags of blood to freeze if nothing shows up. We will continue to hunt for the non humans that are on this Earth. Subject Name-Sam Thirlwall" She finished turning to us looking sick.

"So, that's what happened all those years ago when Sam first got captured. This was what Turner was trying to do all those years ago. And now Nick is finishing his plan." I said.

"Wait so does that mean that Sam has like black magic?" Jesy asked.

"I'm not sure about that, but we have to focus on getting to Sam before Plan B is put into action." Leigh said. The girls and I took a picture of the paper before putting it back in its place and leaving. We went up to Rachel and thanked her.

"It's no problem girls, Sam needs to be home safely soon. Oh, and Cher don't forget about what we talked about." I nodded and the girls and I headed back to their place.

Mary's P.O.V.

"Nick I'm glad you're back, I have some news for you."

"What is it Mary?"

"My sister, the police chief, remember her?"

"Yeah, why?"

"She called me today, she wants me to drop Sam off at the police station. If we do it we'll walk away safely and won't get arrested."

"So, are we going to do it? I will do whatever you want, you're the boss."

"C'mon we're too far to give up right now. Giving up isn't in our dictionary. We have something right here. And think about all the money we can get from people in this field."

"Thank you I honestly didn't want to follow through on it."

"Good, but we have to get rid of her now. She knows too much, she could ruin this all for us. Sam could get taken away and we'd be back to step one. If that happens we have no chance of getting her back. I have a plan, but we're going to have to take Sam. Make sure to clean her up before I talk to my sister."

A/N I'm so sorry for not updating for so long. I'm not sure if people still like this, but if you do thank you. Thank you to each of you for reading, voting, or commenting. I hope you guys like this, it's all for you. Hopefully my updates will be quicker now. I'd also like to thank MariaReynoso for believing in me when I don't, you rock! I love you guys. Stay strong, it'll get better one day.