Ch. 18 Twist

Norma's P.O.V.

"Hey, I need you to come over now," I spoke into the phone hearing an 'okay' coming from the other end. I need to tell her the rest of the story before things start to get out of hand. After a few minutes I heard a knock on the door making me get up and go open it.

"Okay, I came as quickly as possible. What's the matter?" Alex panted me out. 

"Look I've been leaving some parts out of the story, really important parts," I spoke nervously.

"I'm sure it's not like you're about to say Sam isn't your kid," She joked laughing. She then stopped looking at me to see I wasn't laughing. 

"Oh my gosh, Norma she's not your daughter!" Alex exclaimed. 

"She is my daughter there's just something different about her. For awhile she  would go and spend the day with someone else when I had to do errands. She was with her babysitter, but she didn't reside here." 

"Wait so, you used a babysitter, there's nothing wrong with that. What do you mean that she wasn't here though? Did she live in a different city?"

"Umm, well, no not exactly. I mean yeah, but the thing is-" Just as I was about to continue Alex was radioed by the police station saying that Mary had called and they would bring Sam to the orphanage. Only Alex was to come or else the deal was off and she had to bring ransom in twenty minutes.

"I should go get your daughter, but we need to finish this up later on, yeah?" She said making me sigh and nod. As Alex was getting up to leave the door burst open with the girls tumbling all in shouting at the same time. Jade was the first one to get up and run over to us clutching her phone like her life depended on it. 

"You guys... you guys need to see this, now," She demanded while trying to catch and then shoving her phone in our faces. Alex gasped while reading it and turned to look at me, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I will get her and then all of this will be over. Mary and Nick will go to jail and you'll finally get your daughter back. I got to go," She gave me a hug before turning to leave the house. The girls looked at me confused so, I explained what had happened while they were gone leaving out the discussion we were having earlier. 

"We should follow her just in case she needs help," Jesy suggested and the girls were quick to agree. I wanted to say no because we could jeopardize the trade off, but they were all giving me puppy dog eyes. I sighed making them all cheer and we went to the car. 

 Alex's P.O.V.

While I was driving my mind was racing thinking about what Norma was trying to tell me and why my sister was doing this. It was unlike Norma to be so nervous about a topic that didn't even seem to bad. Well hopefully not bad I mean, most parents have used a babysitter at one point. And then there is Mary, who having grown up with her, I know that she never gives up this easily. Something is going on and it just feels very tense. 

Ring Ring Ring 

My phone brings me out of my thoughts as I answer it putting it on speaker.

"Alex here, what's the matter?"

"Hello sis, I'm sure you've gotten my message at this point and are on your way to the orphanage. I can't wait to see you, it's been too long. Now I'm sure you're anxious as well wondering why I'm doing this, but don't worry you'll find out soon enough."

"I swear you better not have hurt her."

"Oh don't worry I haven't, I'm not a monster."

"Uhh, yeah you kind of are. You literally kidnapped an innocent girl just because you think she's not from this planet!"

"Right, well I have to go so, bye!" The line went dead returning the car to its silence and me to my thoughts. Well this couldn't get any more confusing at this point, hopefully. I can't even understand how this situation could get so complex. I made a left and then turned into the orphanage seeing Mary outside with Sam.

Perrie's P.O.V.

After we had convinced Jade's mom to let us follow Alex we jumped in the car speeding off. While in the car we filled her in on what we had done and found out. She seemed tense and nervous while we were telling her the conversation between Rachel and us.

"Is it true mum, are you hiding something from us? Is Sam really from a different planet or did she like live there? What's going on, stop lying to me, to us, and especially Sam?" Jade asked, confused like the rest of us. 

"Jade, I'm not hiding anything and no Sam is not from a different planet and she hasn't ever lived on a different planet. You can trust me, that lady was probably trying to misguide you guys anyways. I mean her husband is working for the lady who kidnapped Sam. She was trying to get you guys confused so, that you would pull out of investigating for awhile to give her husband more time." Norma explained. Her reasoning made sense, but looking around at the girls' faces we all didn't truly believe what she was saying.

"I don't know Rachel seemed to be really against what her husband was doing. She really did care for Sam from all the times that I came over to her house with Sam. Wouldn't she want the best for Sam. And anyways why did she keep saying they, who are they?" Cher questioned.

"Look I have no idea what she's talking about. I don't know who they are, but if I did I would tell you guys. Like I said before she's probably just trying to get inside your heads to trip you up and slow you down. Let's just focus on what we're doing right now and then we can question Sam about what happened later on," Norma said making sure to end the questions. At this point I was done with the questions too. The car came to a halt as we parked on the side of the road not too far away so we could see what was happening, but far enough so they couldn't see us.

"Guys look it's Alex and there is Mary and Sam!" Leigh pointed out as we all tried to move forward to see better. Just then a big explosion happened in front of us. We watched as Alex's car was blown up.

"Oh my gosh, what the heck just happened!" Jade exclaimed.

"They just got some more time, look Mary and Sam are gone while the police chief is now dead. And now we are screwed," Jesy said. 

"We aren't totally screwed," I said trying to stay positive.

"We basically are, you read that note too. By the time a new detective starts the case, Mary and Nick could have taken Sam anywhere or Sam could be dead. So, I guess we're now back to where we started, great," Cher explained sighing. The police then came and we went over to tell them what had happened. They told us to come by the police station later on tomorrow for statements, but for now to go home.

Third Person's P.O.V.

The girls all made their way back home, too exhausted to say anything. While they were watching tv the doorbell rung. Norma went up to go open the door thinking it was the police, but once she saw who it was she froze. The girls looked over in curiosity as the person spoke.

"Where's my daughter, Norma?"

A/N I'm really sorry for the late update I kept on getting conflicted on where to turn the story so, I kept on deleting everything I wrote. I still don't like it, but hopefully you guys do. I'm really sorry for taking forever to update though. Hope you enjoyed and I promise the next update will be sooner. I love you guys. Stay strong, it'll get better one day.