Ch. 14 Huh

Perrie's P.O.V.

I woke up to notice the house was quiet too quiet. I went and checked downstairs to find nobody there. I shrugged maybe they were in their rooms so, I went up there to find they were empty except for one. Jade was still sleeping peacefully and I didn't want to wake her up. I decided that Leigh and Jesy had probably gone to the store and not to worry. My stomach started growling leading me to the kitchen. I decided to make some chocolate chip and banana slices pancakes. My mouth was watering just thinking about them while they were cooking. They probably smelled delicious.

I went to go and set the table up for Jade and myself. She should be getting up soon anyways. I was just putting the pancakes on the plate when I heard footsteps.

"Hey Pez."

"Hey Jadey, I made pancakes."

"Ooh thanks." We smiled at each other and she took her plate while I took mine to the table.

"Do you know where Leigh and Jes are?"

"No, why?"

"They aren't at home, but I'm sure they're fine. How are you feeling today?"

"Not the best, but a little better there's still hope at least that we can find Sam before she actually dies." I nodded and we went back to eating our food. Afterwards we cleaned up and went to go get dressed since we decided to go out. I wanted to make sure Jade could clear her mind for awhile.

Thirty Minutes Later

We had decided to go out and see a movie before going to lunch then shopping.

"Which movie do you want to see Jade?"

"I don't care you can pick."

"Okay, how about Fast and Furious 7?"

"Yeah sure." This movie seemed to be pretty good from what I could see mixers talking about on twitter.

Norma's P.O.V.

I can't believe they would ever do this to one of my kids. Maybe I should have told Jade and Karl the actual truth about why Sam was kidnapped. I shouldn't though they never would believe me heck I didn't even believe it at first, but it's possible. It's so conflicting if I tell them what if the people come after them too. I mean Karl has a family and I don't want anything to happen to them and Jade's busy with her singing career if something happened to them too. I don't even know what I'd do with Sam gone I have to stay strong for the two. Ugh I need to talk to someone about this because bottling it all up is not going to help.

I decided to call a close friend of mine, Alexandra who was one of the few people who knew the secret.

RING RING RING

C'mon Alex please pick up.

"Hey Norma, are you okay?"

"Hi Alex, I'm okay. How about you?"

"Fine, just got done with lunch."

"Sorry, didn't mean to disturb you."

"Oh no it's fine you didn't disturb me at all. Now, I'm guessing you didn't just call to check up on me there's something in your voice that leads me to thinking there's something bothering you."

"Well, you aren't wrong. I was wondering if I could talk to you about the secret involving Sam. I've been thinking about maybe telling the kids the truth, but I don't want the same to happen to them. But maybe me with holding information from the inspectors is making it harder to find her. I just don't know what to do, I'm losing my mind thinking about all of this. I'm worried that they're going to do something horrible to her worst then death."

"Just take a deep breath in and then out. Look I can't tell you what you should do about it, that's up to you and what feels right in your heart. If Sam was able to survive this far then she's tough, now how tough I'm not sure. Honestly though you need to calm down driving yourself crazy isn't going to help anyone."

"You're right, but I feel so worthless and like I'm betraying the kids by not saying anything. I should have protected Sam better never should have left her out of my sight. I don't blame Jade though she couldn't have done anything against them."

"What could you have done though?"

"I don't know get the ball for myself instead of let Sam get it."

"Norma they would've taken her anyways and if not her then Karl or Jade instead. Sam wouldn't want you to be worrying about her like this, okay it was inevitable. I'm sorry I wish it wasn't, but they were going to get one of them. Look on the bright side though she's still alive and might be doing okay. I mean it's not like they could be torturing her right now. Actually forget I said that part don't think about that."

"Wow, thanks Alex. You are right though with most of that if I go crazy it's not going to help anyone. I just... I mean, ah never mind."

"Wait no what were you going to say."

"This might sound crazy."

"Norma just spit it out I've probably heard crazier things than what you are about to say. I mean I am the police chief, but when I was a police officer you wouldn't believe what some of the convicted people would say to try and prove their 'innocence'. Anyways a little off topic, but continue."

"Okay. I have this feeling of uneasiness in myself that there is something more to this than just the secret. It's just I feel that what's happening now is going to seem small compared to whats about to happen. The calm before the storm as the saying goes."

"Look if there is one thing I have learned from my line of duty is that you should go with your intuition."

"So, what are you saying?"

"That's for you to figure out. I got to go now for my shift, but if you need to talk know that I am here for you."

"Thanks Alex, bye."

"Bye." After the phone call I felt more relaxed, but still kind of confused over what to do."

Alex's P.O.V.

When the phone call with Norma ended I decided to make a phone call to another person.

"Mary, look we need to talk about Sam, you can't do this to her. Just drop her back to the police station and no charges will be placed. Honestly you and whoever else is working with you can walk free, as long as Sam is returned safely and isn't harmed."

"And why do you think I would want to do that, sister."

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to update you guys are amazing though. What you have done is just astonishing and you all deserve an award for it. I really hope you guys like this. I love you all so much. Stay strong.