Ch. 13 To the park

• Dedicated to You

Cher's P.O.V.

"Right, maybe we could go question Sam's doctor."

"Who was her doctor?"

"Dr. Niels, I think I can pull up a picture of him, here." I took the phone from her and saw the picture making me gasp. That's Bryan's dad I saw him a couple of times when Sam and I had gone to pick Bryan up for school. Wait how is that even possible unless Dr. Niels probably played a part in Sam's disappearance this is making so much sense now, I think.

"Cher, you still there?" Leigh asked waving her hand in front of my face.

"Yeah sorry, I was just shocked by who Dr. Niels is."

"Which is?"

"Right, he's Bryan's father, I've seen him a few times when Sam and I went to go pick Bryan up from school. Maybe Bryan is working with his dad to get Sam close to him and then snatch her away. The real question is why though, why would they go through all this trouble to pretend to kill Sam and then take her away?"

"If he's Bryan's dad then you might be right. We need to figure this out, Sam could potentially be in danger this guy seems crazy. Nobody sane enough would steal a girl for no reason or motive. I mean he didn't even want any money it'd make more sense for him to kidnap her as leverage to get money, but not this."

"What are we going to do to save Sam then?"

"I think we need to start our own investigation and do some sleuthing."

"I agree and I think the best place to start is where it all went down, the park." Leigh nodded agreeing with me.

"So, I'll pick you up tomorrow at six am, see you later Cher."

"Bye." I went back to Craig and we decided to go home. I got ready for tomorrow and then we watched a movie in bed before falling asleep. Tomorrow is going to be very interesting.

The Next Morning

Leigh's P.O.V.

It was about five in the morning,  I had just woken up to get ready to go pick up Cher. I was excited yet, nervous to start investigating. I hope we can find something, anything to help with where Sam went. I went downstairs and ate breakfast then got ready while leaving the house by five fifty. I arrived at Cher's house right at six o'clock. Cher came out of her house and got in the car. 

"Mornin' Leigh."

"Mornin' Cher, you ready to start investigating."

"Yeah, I want to help out in anyway possible. How about you?"

"Same I'm just a little bit nervous, but nerves always help." Cher nodded. The rest of the car ride was silent it was just us listening to music. Also trying to wake up since it was early, but the park would be completely empty so, it was worth it. I parked and we both got out, but instead of hearing two doors being shut there was another door. 

"Did you hear that?" I asked Cher.

"Yeah, but where did it come from there's nobody else here except us?"

"Hey girls." A familiar voice said from behind us. We turned around to see Jesy staring at us.

"Jesy, what are you doing here? Were you in the car this entire time?" 

"Calm down Leigh, I had happened to overhear you two yesterday and I wanted to help. So, I just waited in the car until we got here that way you couldn't kick me out."

"Why didn't you just ask me?"

"Would you have let me join?"

"Fair point, but maybe you should go home."

"No, let her stay Leigh an extra pair of eyes is better than nothing." I sighed nodding my head in agreement. We then started walking towards the field Sam was on the night she got abducted. The field wasn't too big luckily so, it wouldn't take long to find something or nothing. No Leigh you have no must stay positive. I can't give up there is too much at stake, I am not giving up. 

"Okay Cher you go take the right side of the field, Jesy take the left side of the field, and I will take the center of the field. Remember guys we are looking for anything useful, it could be a paper or even something else."

"Right also maybe even like a trapdoor something like that, that could've told them about how Sam was in the field that night." Cher added making us all nod then we started searching. After about ten to twenty minutes I hadn't found anything and nobody had said anything. I went to the center of the line and saw the paint was kind of lighter than the rest. I was about to say something when Jesy yelled out for us to come over.

"Hey guys, I think I might have found something." Cher and I looked at each other than ran over to where Jesy was standing.

"What'd you find Jes?" I asked her. She took something from off the ground and showed it to us. A ripped piece of paper that had absolutely nothing on it.

"I don't get it."

"Wait, Leigh don't you see it, the piece of paper is just like the one you were chasing after in the park after it blew out from your hand near the coffin. Maybe it's like a puzzle piece that we need to put together to be able to find Sam. Do you think you still might have the piece of paper by chance?"

"I'll go check my car real quick." Cher nodded and started filling Jesy in on what she had said. I thought about how Cher could possibly be right, but that doesn't make sense they all are blank. I don't want to be negative, but it just doesn't make any sense. Ugh, why does this all have to be confusing so many questions not enough answers. I got to the car and saw that the piece of paper actually was still in there. I picked it up and ran back to Cher and Jesy who were still talking.

"I kept it Cher." I said to her and then handed it to her. 

"Well, do they fit?" Jesy asked nervously wanting to find an answer as much as all of us." 

"Perfectly, of course it didn't seal together since it's not a movie, but yeah. Now we only have two more pieces left to find."

A/N You guys are amazing and got ABJT to #86. You all deserve an award I'm sorry I can't give you guys one. I love you guys all so much. Stay strong you are all worth it, trust me. If you need someone to talk I'm here for you I want you to know that. Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!!! Don't be mean, wear green.