Chapter 18: Dirty

Dedicated to Greenwriter...I love your stories and hope to achieve the same level of writing at some point in the future. :-D

 Zea’s POV

I sat down behind my desk and used the chatterbox to initiate a long distance communication with the palace. After a lot of twisting and turning, and steam coming out of the machine, the mirror on top of the copper coloured machine showed a green version of my mother, but without audio.

Some more twisting and turning and…Voila

“Zea? Can you hear me? Zea? Zea!”

“Yeah. I hear you now. This machine is useless. Pretty. But useless.” I laughed.

“It does suit the antique wooden desk though.” She commented drily.

“Zea, by the way, you are not speaking to Komar. I am Chloe. Komar asked me to do some business, so I am temporally in control.“

I looked up surprised. The last time Chloe was in control was just after the disastrous ball.

Mother, in this case Komar, tried to stop me from leaving and as a last resort called upon Chloe to reason with me. Unfortunately, Chloe thought leaving the court for a while was a splendid idea and even joined me on the trip there

Chloe had suggested the desert out of nostalgia. She had played hid-and-seek there with my father for years before they ended up together. She had told me more about how they had met and what he had looked like and acted in those precious few days than Komar ever did.

I had connected with her at a level that I never did with Komar. She was like the mother I should have had.

After 10 days, Chloe had suddenly withdrawn herself again and Komar was in front of the shack repairing the car when I came back from my rat hunt. She was furious at me for leaving the palace and tried to coerce me to get back with her. But whatever she said or did, she couldn’t force me.

It had ended up in pushing and shoving and that day I discovered that I was stronger than Komar.

After that, she had let me in peace. Until now.

Chloe started talking and pulled me back to reality.

“Zea…How are you? How are you coping with Kieran?” She asked.

I groaned. “You don’t want to know.”

She winked at me. “Maybe you should be a bit more aggressive in your courtship.”

I coughed in response. “Yeah, we are well beyond that stage by now.”

She smiled. “I see. Did he finally come to his senses?”

“Yeah, my blood helped him realize how freaking awesome I am.”

“You gave him your blood??? Where you that desperate?” she exclaimed.

“No! Mum! How could you even think that?!?” I said aghast.

“A Taurin demon snuck on board unnoticed and when I send Kieran with security team to intercept him, the demon killed half of the team and gravely wounded Kieran.”

She looked worried. She had know Kieran from the time that she had met my father. He had been his right hand. Well, he had thought himself his right hand and made sure that he succeeded in being so.

Noah, my father, had simply caved in to his constant battering of advice and gave him the post in the end.

“You should have seen his wound. I couldn’t stand his suffering. So I gave him my blood to heal faster.” I explained to Chloe.