Chapter 17: An overdose of violence

Zea’s POV

I walked back to the bridge and stared at the screen.

It showed a video shot taken by our scout mosquito.

Purple aliens in big floating dresses, again bipedal and looking eerily like humans, were walking along a busy road in a city made of yellow bricks.

The roads were red and carriages drawn by horse-like creatures were rushing along it.

“Your Highness, we discovered another new species!” Kieran pointed excitedly to the screen.

“They look much less civilised that the Rokians.” I commented.

I walked over to the console that showed the information coming from the array of sensors.

“No airborne crafts, nothing more sophisticated than steam engines, and only coal power sources.” I thought aloud.

“They would be even more easily overrun than the Rokians.” I commented.

“What do you want to do? Attack?” Kieran asked me.

“Hmmm. The warriors on Roke are stronger than what we are used to. I think we’d better reserve our strength for them, and attack this planet on our way back to Earth.”

I turned to the vampire sitting behind the communications console.

“Open a channel to the pilot of the scout ship.”

He manipulated the touch screen and nodded. “We have contact, Princess.”

“Pilot? What is your name?” I asked him.

“Jonathan Rider, my Princess.” He answered.

I got a visual of him on the left side of the screen.

Yummy. That was one big handsome vampire.

I flashed him a flirty smile.

“Mr. Rider. I need a sample of their blood. Could you please kidnap two aliens, a male and a female, and bring them to my quarters as soon as you are back.”

“Roger that. Rider out.”

He winked before the screen went blank.

I turned to go to my quarters and saw Kieran scowling at me.

“Is there a problem, Mr. MacNamillan?”

“No. Can I speak to you in private?” he asked me.

I pulled up an eyebrow.

“Please, Your Majesty?” he hissed.

I shrugged and walked out of the door. He followed me but I walked on.

“Could you please stand still for a second?” he asked me exasperated after he had run after me through 4 corridors.

I turned. “What do you want? I don’t have time for this. I need to prepare.”

“Prepare for what? Your little tête-à-tête with Pilot Rider?” he hissed.

“What do you mean?” I asked stunned.

He wasn’t jealous, was he? Nah, he couldn’t be.

“Why did you ask him to bring the purple blueberries to your quarters?” he asked with venom spitting from his voice.

“Uhm, so that I could sample them?” I responded.

I was starting to enjoy this. This must be my blood talking.