Chapter 2: Reminiscing

I walked to the living room and switched on the television. I sat down at my desk and watched the news. One of the manservants came running in with a bowl full of blood and put it in front of me.

I sniffed…yummy, strawberry flavoured.

That appalling Prime Minister Cameron was on, giving a press conference about the alien.

God, how I loathed that man.

“The Blue Maiden is as intelligent as you and me and very willing to cooperate. Her name is Veran and she comes from the planet Roke. She has send word to her people of her crash and they are sending a representation for peaceful cooperation and trade between our planets. People, this is the dawn of a new age.” He ended dramatically.

The man was such a drama queen

Teheee, the smurfs were intelligent and peaceful.

Let’s see how they taste.

I grinned when I realized that I sounded like Gargamel.

I took out my phone to contact Gerald.

“Do you have any new information for me?” I asked him.

“Oh, that sounds very promising.”

“Can you get close to her?”

“I see. That is not acceptable. Send Magnus to me. I’ll contact you afterwards.”

The blood work looked similar to humans. So they were probably ingestible. Good.

But she was in this high-security facility in Cornwell. That was difficult to get into unseen. If not impossible.

Not so good.

I leaned back in my chair.  Impossible wasn’t in my vocabulary.

We just needed to meet her alone at some point when outside the facility. I bet she at some point would go out and meet her friends when they arrived. I only needed a few minutes, just to glamour her and take some blood.

If their species was glamourable.

I shrugged. Otherwise, I’ll just force her.

But I needed more information to estimate the risk.

How strong was she?

How clever?

Did she have any capabilities that I should now of.

Just the blood work results were not sufficient.

Humans were clever and opportunistic. I bet they talked her into all kinds of tests. For sake of cooperation and peace. Little tricksters.

I called Gerald back and instructed him to get more information from some doctor working within the facility.

Magnus came walking in grinning like an idiot.

“I guess you’re happy about finding new prey?” I asked him smilingly.

He nodded. “Yes, your majesty. I hope she is eatable.”

I nodded. “We’ll find out soon enough.”

Magnus was my strategic advisor. He planned and orchestrated all my defensive and offensive actions.

“Arrange it so I can meet her in private.”

He nodded. “It isn’t going to be easy. The facility is like a fortress. ”

“Gerald is working on getting information from the inside. Team up with him and see if you can find out more about the logistics of the upcoming events that they have planned for her. Find out when she is outside and if she is vulnerable at some point. We don’t have to break in if we can access her during a press conference or something. Keep me updated.”