Chapter 12: Blood Christening

Kieran’s POV

Queen Komar gave a motivating speech, smashed the bottle of blood onto the ship’s hull and then invited everybody for drinks and food at the new bar that bar that was recently opened at Broad Str. in Vampire City “Bloody Mondays”.

The new bar was a big hit, attracting hundreds of vampires with their special blood samples that they shipped from over the globe.

My eyes had been glued to Zea from the moment that she and her Mother stepped out of building and had walked up to the stage.

The entire time, she had stood next to her mother, grinning from ear to ear at the enthusiasm of the crowd as Komar addressed them. Zea had taken over after 20 minutes, and had proceeded to explain the general planning of mission for the upcoming few weeks.

Although the crowd was cheering, I caught several amused glances from the crowd to me that worried me. Komar was right; I had damaged her reputation. I hoped it was not beyond repair.

Although, Zea had been successfully avoided looking at me during her speech, I caught her glancing just moments ago when she descended off stage.

“Mister MacNamillan?”

I turned and stumbled backwards. The red harpy was standing way too close to me.

She laughed when she saw my reaction. “Boo.”

 “What do you want, demon?” I hissed at her.

She glared and corrected me “FYI, Half-Demon.”

“The princess wants to speak to you.”

“Now?” I answered.

She shook her head, “In an hour, in her study.”

She sauntered away on those ridiculous red heels, growling and pushing herself through the crowd.

I said goodbye to Marcus and the others and walked over to my office to grab some documents that I wanted to discuss with Zea. I needed to talk with her about the weapon inventory.

I walked back to the parking lot, got in my car and drove over to the palace. On the way there I tried to think of what to say to her, but my mind was a complete blank. Godd*mnit, this way I would make it even worse.

I parked the car in front of the main entrance, giving my keys to the human slave in front of it to park it.

Zea looked up from her work when I entered her study.

“Shut the door behind you.” She said.

I did what she asked and dropped down in chair in front of her desk.

She studied me briefly, opening and closing her mouth for a few times.

I grinned; she didn’t know what to say either. She saw me grin and her look turned bitter.

“Am I amusing you, Mr. MacNamillan?”

“You looked like a fish.” I teased her.

Again, she opened and closed her mouth, unable to respond to that.

“F*ck you. I don’t look like a fish.” She responded angrily and surprisingly her fangs shot out.

Whoa, angry little princess.

What is it between us? Why can’t we have a normal conversation?

“Hey, I am sorry, okay? It was a joke.”

She retracted her fangs and sighed.

“I called you over to discuss the plans for the mission in more detail. I have been avoiding to do this the past few weeks since our…uhm…encounter…at the hangar. But I realise that you should be aware of every detail as my second in command as well as being my protector.” She sighed.