Chapter 25: Killjoy

Komar's POV

I hurled the mosquito through the atmosphere after passing the complex and thought back on the close encounter at the space station.

I had never even contemplated on a weapon that could kill so beautifully efficient. Sterile, elegant but deadly. Just like their ships.

I wondered about Papa Smurf himself.

I was exhilarated by his capacity for utter violence. The Smurf was ruthless to the bone. Despite his colour.

His shiny fangs reminded me Chloe. I had never encountered another male or female of my symbiont. We had no clue of its origin. Maybe Papa Smurf would know. The shiny fangs were too much of a coincidence.

A red light bleeped on and off in my periphery and the system told me that there were airborne crafts within targeting reach.

Sh*t the Smurfs were zeroing on on me. Better get my ass moving.

I started our fall and we dropped down like a brick. The air whizzed around us and Gerald started to scream but was abrupt interrupted when we hit ground.

The craft disintegrated among us and I was flung from the craft with great force, the tubes being ripped from my body.

I hit the ground and the pain of the impact temporarily flooded my senses and thoughts, followed by the explosion and subsequent fading of the now familiar blinding white light that announced my death and successive rebirth.

I never got used to the pain involved, but every time that I died I came back stronger.

What did not kill us made us stronger. Also true for vampires.

And I needed to be stronger to kill him. My guess was a lot stronger. The normal Smurfs were a lot stronger than the average human being, so I estimated that the vamp Smurfs had a similar advantage to us.

After I regained control of my limbs, I lifted myself up and went in search of Gerald.

I smiled when I remembered him screaming and losing consciousness 30 seconds after he realized I wasn’t going to pull up.

Poor guy. Oh well, he should be grateful

The more violent our death, the stronger we come back. I just took the opportunity when it presented itself.

Too bad Gerald was in the craft when I realized the potential of a crash during out scout out.

Gerald’s info on the king’s whereabouts proved to be correct. Papa Smurf was getting sloppy. We had him by the balls now; the info gave us insight in every little detail of his life.

He no longer moved his base around every week, as he no longer could detect a threat to his reign. He would soon discover his mistake.

I lifted a large part of metal and saw Gerald’s broken body. Good! He didn’t die. 

I kneeled down next to him and slapped him in the face.

“Gerald? Gerald!”

“Stop being such a ninny and wake up!”

He gurgled and spit up some blood.

I rolled my eyes at his drama, but slashed my wrist and held it above his head.

We needed to find shelter before they found us.

He blinked and cooed breathlessly. “My Queen. Thank you. I am deeply grateful for the honour!”

I rolled my eyes and looked around for impending Smurfs.

I had seen a group of concrete buildings just a few kilometres away. I could easily reach them before the sun would come up, even with the pussy on my back.