Chapter 14: You're Poison

...because your stories are awesome. Every single one of them. :-D

Komar’s POV

When the last hive had left the atmosphere, we celebrated it with champagne in the control tower. I felt so proud.

Now phase 2: getting the distributors.

And I know just where to start.

I grinned in remembrance. I hadn’t seen him or Helena in two decades now. Just about time to rekindle our friendship.

I called Gerald over and instructed him to drive me to Bloody Mondays and call ahead to say that I wanted to speak to Mr. Valentine and Ms. Callahan in person.

We got in the car and I slowly moved my sight inward.

Chloe? Are you there?

Kieran’s POV

After Zea had left my cabin, I laid my head back on the pillows. The cut was throbbing painfully but less vicious than it had before. I smiled. Zea’s blood was curing me.

I can’t believe this Peter person had overtook me this easily. We were walking down the corridor after a female human slave had indicated that she had seen the suspicious looking man, who she had caught snooping around in the corridor near Anastasia’s cabin, walking down the hallway. She had seen the guy caressing Anastasia’s door, which matched Anastasia’s description of events.

Before I could contact Zea to ask for a description of Peter, he had attacked us and mowed down four guards in one go. He went for me and although I fended him off, he had managed to rip open by chest in just one blow. The guy’s moves were amazing.

Fortunately, somebody had come down the elevator, which happened to be Zea and Anastasia, and interrupted Peter. She had saved my life and she didn’t know it.

And she had given me her blood. I touched the scar on my chest and felt that it had closed up. It was still sensitive, but no longer debilitating.

Zea had been amazing. She had moved so gracefully but deadly and had incapacitated Peter in just a few moves.

I remembered Noah’s and Chloe’s moves, but Zea’s fighting skills exceeded my wildest dreams.

And she loved me.

I couldn’t believe it. The Naughty Little Princess loved me.

When I had fed off her, I had felt her feelings towards me and experienced her thoughts.

She was absolutely and utterly in love with me ever since the day that I rescued her. And whatever she did and no matter how hard she tried, she could not fall out of love.

I felt honoured, but frankly, the depth of her feelings scared the sh*t out of me.

I found her very attractive, but my romantic feelings towards her were insignificant when compared to hers.

I could never give her what she wanted from me.

I sighed and rubbed my face in frustration. This was going to be so awkward.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep so that I would heal faster. The scar itched like crazy; I wondered how long I would carry it around. I tried not to think of Zea, and focus my thoughts on the situation with this Peter guy.

What did he want? If he had solely came for Anastasia, he would have had his way already. I doubted that she could resist him, given the way she had worried over him after Zea’s attack. They definitively had something going on. And if she hadn’t go willingly with him, he could have easily overcome her.