Chapter 23: Annihilation

Komar’s POV

I let the mosquito soar through the air, making near impossible twists and turns. Oh it had been a long time since I felt this good.

The movements took my mind of my worries for a while.

I circled the space station in high speed, frightening the vamps that stood behind the window of the main bay.

I sighed. Enough fun. Back to reality.

I flew into the hangar, turned into an empty space and softly landed the craft.

Gerald came running and patiently waited until the liquid had drained away and the dome opened. He bowed and waited until I jumped out.

He was silent for a few seconds and I looked around.

“This looks nice.”

The walls were copper coloured with various consoles at the end of each parking space. The concrete floor was painted a warm burgundy red, with yellow lighting indicating the spaces for the mosquitoes.

“I am glad it pleases you, Your Majesty.”

I looked at the chandeliers hanging from the ceiling 4 meters above the ground.

“Pretty.”

He guided to me through the station, showing me various shops, bars, the food quarters where the humans were housed, the medical bay that regularly checked that our prime blood supply was in top condition and the quarters of the vampires that were stationed here.

All were meticulously decorated with the same steam punk style that had become popular among our kind in the past three years. We vampires were very fashion orientated.

We halted in front of the huge windows of the main bay that gave an incredible view of Earth and the Moon.

The insignia that Gerald was wearing beeped and excused him self to check out what was wrong.

I studied the location of the portal on Earth, but as expected it was hidden.

All demonic races feel its presence but nothing, absolutely nothing, gave it away. It was just a ripple in the fabric of reality.

Thinking about what happened at Roke that might be for the better. Let’s just hope that whatever destroyed my fleet is not Earth Demonic.

“Your Majesty, we picked up something on the long range sensors. You’d better come and look at it. The general is waiting for you in the war room.”

“We have a war room?” I grinned.

“Yes, Zed thought it would be a good idea.”

“It is an awesome idea.” I responded enthusiastically.

“Do we have a map?”

“A map?” he asked flabbergasted.

“You need a map in a war room.”

“No, we don’t have a map.”

“Get a map. On a huge round table with little LED lights indicating the different positions of interest.” I ordered him.

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

He guided me to the war room, which at the moment was a sorry sight.

 It could also have been a dinning room. Big, airy, well lighted. A rectangular table stood in its centre, surrounded by chairs. All art deco.

A huge portrait of me hung on the left wall. My left eye was bigger than my right eye. I frowned. I can’t remember that I have that. I’d better look up its painter.