Chapter 31: Cataclysm

Anastasia’s POV

Peter pushed his face against the glass of the dome in an attempt to see what was going on outside. I had picked up something very disturbing on the sensors, but the mosquito was too over-capacitated with the hyper jump calculations to pinpoint exactly what was going on outside. Peter was checking it out.

"Uhm, Ana honey, they are holding something alive. It looks like...like a teenage boy..." Peter said

"What? A boy? What do you mean a boy? Where the f*ck did he come from?" I asked in confusion.

"Dunno. All I know is that he’s there in Zea’s and Kieran’s arms."

We jumped again and Peter gasped. "Now it's a baby..."

"What?!" I asked in disbelief.

"Can vamps get pregnant?" Peter asked.

"What? Pregnant? Of course not. Can a corpse get pregnant?!”

"Well…"

"Last jump in 3...2...1" I said.

Peter looked outside and said, "It's still there."

The AI finished the hyper jump calculations and the sensors' data came back online.

It showed a dead boy of about two drifting in their arms. Well dead…it was moving so it had to be vampire.

Suddenly all alerts went off signalling an enemy ships right in our faces. The sensors put up an image that set my heart racing.

NO!

The white cubes moved so that one was in front of us and on behind. Both shone rays of green light on us. Zea, Kieran and the toddler moved slowly toward the cube up front and we were being pulled backward. As I saw them disappear into its opening, white engulfed us and I was knocked unconsciousness. GODDAMMIT.

Zea’s POV

A blinding white light pulled us in towards a dock. We landed with a thud and blue Smurfs moved around frantically to reach us. One of them leaned over me and I felt a prick in my neck. Desperately I hung onto the child, refusing to let it go.  Kieran groaned next to me and I heard him exhale before he passed out. Whatever they injected, it with worked in seconds. Slowly I felt the paralysis take over my body. The boy slipped from my grip. No!

---***---

I opened my eyes and panicked. I couldn’t move my limbs. I was still paralysed. As the anxiety died down and I managed to move my head a bit, I spotted a huge mean looking Smurf sitting on a grey metal chair to the right. The little boy…our little boy…sat quietly on his lap, staring at me with big blue eyes.

“Good morning, Zea.” The blue bastard said.

I blinked and stared at him. He looked familiar. When I realised why I gasped. Christ! It was the man himself. Ryklys.

The boy slid from his lap and ran up to me.

“Mama…” he said enthusiastically while holding his tiny arms out wide. I couldn’t suppress a goofy grin when I lifted him up and hugged him.