Chapter 19: Change of Plans

Kieran’s POV

We made the jump and when we dropped out of hyperspace all hell broke loose.

The hives in front of us that had arrived only milliseconds earlier were heavily under attack by strange looking shiny white cubical crafts. They hadn’t even had time yet to release their mosquitoes.

Hive Jarga broke in two and exploded, propelling debris and vampire parts our way. A severed foot bumped the screen. Hive Vern got rammed by one of the cubes and span out of control into Roke’s atmosphere.

Sh*t, it didn’t have its shields up and it burned up like a piece of tinder.

Some sort of force field that shimmered yellowy whenever we made a movement protected Roke, a blue planet with patches of green and yellow land scattered across it surface.

One of the white cubes near us released a squadron of green shiny objects that attached themselves to our hull and started to rip it apart. The cube itself turned and shot bright blue laser beams at us.

The ship was shaking badly and smoke was coming from one of the consoles in front of me.

Zea yelled to return fire and gave the order to retreat.

“Who the f*ck are they? They are not the Rokians, their ships looked completely different and had no such technology.” She yelled to me over the noise of the attack.

“Might they have any allies that we missed?” I yelled back.

“I got no such information. They were supposed to be the most advanced species of this sector!” She yelled back again.

“Well, apparently not!!!” Peter yelled.

“They are with too many, and their weapons seems way more advanced than ours. We need to get out of here. Can you get us out?” Zea yelled to the pilot.

Sudden, the display screen flicked on video and we saw a pissed of Blue Rokian looking around the bridge in search of someone.

When his gaze landed on Zea, his eyes flared in recognition, and he pointed a blue finger with a long scary looking yellow nail at her threateningly.

“You! Princess Zea Turner. We consider your attack a declaration of war! We will defy this blatant provocation and kill off every last one of you scum.” He spit out.

Zea stepped forward in rage, baring her fangs. “Who the f*ck are you???”

He leaned forward, took the camera in his hands and bared two shiny platinum fangs that were about 4 cm long.

Holy f*ck.

“You insolent child.” He snarled.

“I am Ryklys, ruler of Roke and its colonies. Of which Earth and your vampire dimension will soon be part. I will exterminate every last one of your inferior species and take your world for our consumption.”

The video switched off and the bombardment started again.

The hive shook badly and part of the ceiling came crashing down.

The sensors on the right console indicated that the bottom of the hive had broken off.

Sh*t, we needed to get to a mosquito or to a safety pod.

I showed it to Zea who nodded and she gave the order to abandon ship.

She grabbed Anastasia en we took the elevator towards the hangar bay.

We speeded down the corridor and ran across the bridge over the main landing area were two mosquitoes stood silently waiting for their users.

They could fly with just one pilot, but there was room for up to three in case of emergency.