Chapter 20: Score settled

Kieran's POV

Zea was suspended in the liquid in front of me and transmitting messages to Peter and Anastasia. The two demons had somehow ended up at the other side of the galaxy.

"Okay, we are meeting them at the Blueberry planet in three weeks time." Zea told me.

"THREE WEEKS?!?"

"Yeah, they don't dare to jump in case they end up somewhere random again."

"What are we going to do until then?"

"I guess move around for a while to see whether we can find any other survivors from the attack. I can't believe we are the only ones. Maybe there is a malfunction in the jump engines that we are unaware of. Maybe they all jumped to a random location."

"Wouldn't we have done that too in that case?" I asked her.

She turned and shrugged. "I need to be sure."

"And after that? Return to home?"

She nodded, "If there is anything left of home. Ryklys has a head start."

She shifted back to her position and prepared for another jump.

When she stretched I saw a cut on her back. What was that? It hadn't healed yet. She must be seriously hurt, normally she heals within seconds.

"Zea, you are wounded. Why didn't you tell me?"

"It is not that bad." she responded while we jumped into hyperspace.

I was thrown forward in my seat and I heard her groan in pain from the impact.

"If it wasn't that bad, you would have healed by now."

"I am weakened because I gave you too much blood." she said.

We dropped out of hyperspace and I was thrown back into my seat.

I unbuckled myself and swam up to her to inspect the wound. I pushed away the ripped clothing of her dress and softly touched the sides of the wound. It was a huge gash and I could see one of her ribs.

"Zea! This must hurt like hell!" I yelled at her.

She shrugged. "It will heal eventually."

I bared my fangs and cut open my wrist. I pushed her forward so that she bent over and I let my blood gush into the wound.

The liquid around us coloured red as the blood rushed from my wrist into her wound.

She gasped and tried to kick me away. "No" she cried.

She was so much weakened that for once I was stronger than her. I held her in place and gave her my blood until the wound started to close.

Only then she gave up fighting me.

I turned her. She stared at me for a while, looking confused.

Her hair floating in the liquid and I wondered what she had made of the sorry confusing pit that were my feelings at the moment.

I had never been one controlled by his emotions, but I know that all I wanted is to be near her. Regardless whether this was logical or not, regardless whether she wanted me or not. I needed to be around her.

To see her. To smell her. To touch her.

I didn't know whether it was me or her blood flowing through me. Frankly, I didn't care.

The question was, what I was going to do about it?

Anastasia’s POV

I had laid out a course to the Blueberry Planet, turned the ship and set off in the right direction.