Regret

Hello this is my first fanfic so tell me if I need to fix anything. P.S. This one is kinda sad so you can skip it if you want. Hope you guys enjoy!

I don't want to believe it, I don't want it to be true. Shizuo Heiwajima broke me, he broke my heart into pieces. I know I shouldn't have been curious, I know I shouldn't have followed him......

Three weeks ago

I was waiting at home for my boyfriend of two years to arrive home. I was on the couch in the living room flipping through TV shows waiting for my Shizu-chan. For some reason he's been working later and later now. So all we do when he gets home is me asking how work was then going to bed. I started to yawn and looked at the clock it's almost 11:30 pm. I think when is Shizu-chan coming home. Right then I hear the door being unlocked and opened.

"Shizu-chan welcome home. How was work today?"

Shizu-chan walks to the living room and says "It was exhausting."

He seems worn out so I get up and decide to hug him. He feels so tense he needs to rest.

"Hey Shizu-chan you've been working hard today why not go take a shower and go to bed?" He nods and walks tiredly away to the bathroom. When he gets out it's already 11:50 pm he walks slowly to the bed collapses down and falls asleep instantly. I craw in beside him and say "Goodnight Shizu-chan I love you." before falling asleep.

Two weeks later

It's been two weeks and Shizu-chan is getting home later and later. In the morning we eat breakfast and exchange good morning and goodbye kisses that's it. It's close to my birthday and he hasn't said anything about it.

I wander around Ikebukuro for a chance to eat with Shizuo-chan for lunch. Even though I should be at work having to listen to Namie talk about Senji and his relationship again. I walk to Russian Sushi and see Simon.

"Hello Izaya you come eat sushi."

"Hey Simon I'm looking for Shizu-chan is he in there?"

"Yes Shizuo in there eating."

"Okay thanks Simon."

I walk into Russian Sushi and spot Shizu-chan instantly sitting in a private room with Tom and Varona eating. I skip over to him and give him a hug from the back. He tensed up but relaxed when he knew it was me.

"Hey Izaya I'm surprised to see you here." He looks down at his plate for a second and looks up and asks. "Do you want to try this new sushi it's today's special." I nod happily and lean down while Shizu-chan is holding up his sushi.

"It's so good it almost beats fatty tuna."

"Almost?" Shizu-chan questions.

"Yep!" I nod and smile at him he chuckles softly and smiles back. I was about to ask him about my birthday, but then Varona spoke up saying. "We have to get back to work now." Shizu-chan gets up and kisses me on the forehead before saying. "See you later love you." And walked away to do more work. I noticed when they were walking out Shizu-chan and Varona seemed to walk a little close together behind Tom. I must be imagining things I go get my fatty tuna to go and leave for work.

Two days later

Today's my birthday and Shizu-chan is still at work. He hasn't said happy birthday to me yet before he left for work. Shinra and Celty came over earlier to say happy birthday and talk for a while at least they remembered my birthday, well Shinra most likely. It's almost dinner time and Shizu-chan's not back yet so I guess I'll just spend this night alone.

I started to get bored so I grabbed my favorite fur trimmed coat and walked out for a late night stroll. I wandered through Shinjuku and Ikebukuro around Shinra's place at an alleyway I spotted Varona and Shizu-chan talking. I quickly hid myself and didn't see Tom anywhere weird aren't they supposed to be working right now.

I followed them to a small apartment building to the door they went into. I leaned against the door the best I could hoping not to make any noise trying to hear them. I heard a bunch of mumbling for a while then I heard Varona say something like "Are you ready?" And from Shizu-chan a "Yes." I thought ready for what I'm confused, but what I heard after broke my heart.

I heard a small movement then Varona saying "I love you." My heart stopped for a second hoping Shizu-chan would deny her feelings but I heard "I love you too Varona." Right then I ran away not wanting to hear more. The last thing I heard in that apartment was the door opening and Shizu-chan yelling "Who's there?"

I sped through the main entrance and sprinted to Shinra's I needed a place to stay away from Shizu-chan. I knocked loud on Shinra's door Celty answered it immediately typing on her phone "What's wrong." Seeing my teared up face. I ran inside telling Shinra and Celty everything that happened. Even telling them to tell Shizu-chan no Shizuo if he ever came to ask were I was to tell him they don't know.

Present time Shizuo's POV

It's been five weeks and I can't find Izaya anywhere. I went to Shinra's a few times and he or Celty has said they haven't seen him. I've texted and called Izaya's phone many times no answer.

After a incident five weeks ago I haven't been meeting with Varona very often outside of work. It hasn't ended like it did before she told me I was too worried about Izaya to pay attention to her and that we're done.

I've been walking around Ikebukuro alone for awhile kind of wanting Izaya beside me. I walk near Russian Sushi and see Izaya coming out of the restaurant with a to-go bag. After five months I finally see him again.

Izaya's POV

I go to Russian Sushi and get some fatty tuna to-go and as I walk out I spot Shizuo looking straight at me. He comes closer and I just stand here not knowing what to do or explain. Shizuo stands in front of me and asks "Where have you been? I was so worried about you."

I answered back with a smirk "I've been wherever I want to be so pretty much away from you."

Shizuo was shocked by my answer and asked "Why would you want to stay away from me? What did I do?"

I was angry at that point he thought cheating was okay well screw that so I asked "Do you regret anything you did while we were dating."

"No."

I was done no way am I going to talk to him anymore so I told him "Well you may not regret anything you did while dating but I do......"

"What is it?"

"Going out with you in the first place loving you and feeling I could trust you that's what I regret the most." With that I turned my back to him quickly so he doesn't see the tears threatening to come out and walked away.

Shizuo's POV

"Going out with you in the first place loving you and feeling I could trust you that's what I regret the most." He turns his back quickly and walks away.

That was the last time I saw him. Shinra told me he moved to a different apartment somewhere in Japan nowhere near Ikebukuro or Shinjuku.

I got home and found a photo album of me and Izaya I looked through it we looked so happy in the photos now taken three years ago. Then I suddenly saw a tear drop on the album page. I realized I miss Izaya I want to be with him but I can't anymore.

Maybe that's what I regret the most.

Hello readers if you made it this far. This is my first fanfic so I'm up for opinions of how this is. And sorry it's probably really long and sad. I'm still working on my writing so if there are any mistakes just tell me. See you next chapter.