2.9

L U K E

"My parents are going to be home today," she says, glancing to me as we ride in the car.

"So I can meet your dad?"

"Mhmm," she replies, and I purse my lips.

"Do you think he'll like me?"

"Why wouldn't he?"

"I don't know. Dad's don't like boys near their daughters," I laugh, making Calum snort beside me.

"Especially boys who fuck their daughters," Michael says loudly, making Ember smack his arm.

"Michael," she groans, her face turning pink.

"It was one time," I say defensively, and she smacks my arm this time. "Hey!"

"Shut up, Luke," she and Michael say at the same time, making me groan.

"Anyway, do you need to pick up some condoms?" Ashton asks, making me nearly choke on my own saliva.

"What?"

"I have some," Ember cuts in, her face flushed as she laughs awkwardly.

"Good," Ash says like an overprotective father.

"I feel like this band," I gesture to everyone around me. "Is way too involved in our relationship."

"Can't have her getting pregnant," Calum responds, making Michael giggle.

"I'm so done with all of you," Ember groans, burying her face in her hands.

"You should be glad that you've gotten to know us enough to appreciate how annoying we are," Michael says, and she snorts.

"That doesn't make any sense, and I already knew you were annoying," she laughs, brushing her hair behind her ear.

"I'm not annoying," Calum comments, and she shoves his arm lightly.

"You can be. You're mostly just cute."

"Hey!" I whine, and she looks to me.

"Oh shut up, you're cute, too." She rolls her eyes.

After a while, we arrive at her house, and we all climb out of the car.

"Are you all coming in?" she asks, and Ash shrugs.

"If that's okay."

"Well, here goes nothing."

———

E M B E R

"I don't know about you, but I think German food is the best."

"Better than pizza?"

"Oh you've got me there," Dad laughs. He and Ashton have fallen into deep conversation about traveling and food, while Calum and Michael are playing with Sam. Luke and I are cuddling on the couch while Mom flips through the TV channels.

Since four extra people were a bit much, we ordered some pizza for dinner, which everyone was thoroughly happy about. Mom and Dad seem to like the boys, and everyone's getting along well.

"I missed you so much," Luke whispers in my ear, and I turn my head to look at him. His arms are securely wrapped around my waist, as if he's scared I'll disappear if he lets go.

"I missed you, too," I reply, smiling softly before letting my lips brush his gently.

He smiles against me, deepening the kiss as he brushes my hair behind my ear.

"I wish we were alone," he mumbles, making my cheeks flush. I pull away and press my forehead to his. His bright blue eyes look into my brown ones, and I bite my lip.

"What would we do?" I smirk, and his eyes glint mischievously.

"Oh I don't know," he replies innocently, moving his hand to my upper thigh. I shiver and put my hand over his, glad that there's a blanket over us.

"Get a room," Michael calls from across the room, and Luke rolls his eyes.

"Shut up, Michael," he laughs, and Mom glances at us for a moment before going back to channel surfing.

"I want this dog. She is perfect," Calum says, mostly to himself as he rubs Sam's belly.

"The question is, who's love is greater? Luke's love for Ember or Calum's love for Sam?" Michael laughs loudly, and Luke snorts.

"Mine, clearly."

"No way," Calum responds, laughing when Sam licks his hand.

"Mikey's love for pizza is the greatest of all," Mom comments without taking her eyes off the TV.

I start laughing. "That's most likely right."