3.0

L U K E

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"I wanted to see you!" I respond, climbing in through her window.

"You were literally right downstairs. Why are you climbing in through my window?" she demands, glaring at me.

"It seemed better than walking upstairs and opening your door," I reply wryly, and she groans.

"Luke, I love you, but sometimes, I just want to knee you in the balls."

"I like feisty Ember," I comment, softly closing her window and raising an eyebrow at her.

"Shut up," she mutters her cheeks slightly pink as she brushes her hair behind her ear and spins around. She walks over to her bed, climbing under the covers, facing the other direction."Well?" she says without turning around.

"Oh. I thought we could do something other than sleep," I respond, kicking off my shoes and jeans before climbing into her bed behind her. I wrap my arms around her, pulling her back into my chest.

"Couldn't we just talk? There're too many people in the house," she whispers, and I know she's right. Her parents are sleeping next door, Ash is in the guest bedroom, Michael is on the couch in the guest bedroom, and Calum is downstairs on the couch. We could've gone to a hotel, but we'd all decided it'd be easier if we just stayed here. Plus, I hadn't seen Ember in so long, and I missed her.

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask her, and she puts her hand over mine.

"I don't really care. I just like listening to your voice."

I can't stop the smile that forms on my face, and I kiss her shoulder softly.

"Well, I could tell you about how Michael and I got locked out of our hotel room and almost drowned in an onslaught of fangirls," I chuckle, making her laugh softly.

"Sounds like a good bedtime story," she replies.

So I tell her the story. Then another. And another. We keep talking until we're too tired to continue, practically falling asleep in the middle of a—