0.4

E M B E R

"That was even better than I expected!" Everett hoots as we walk out of the venue. The concert was amazing, and although we weren't too close to the front, we both had an awesome time.

"I know, right?"

"Which song was your favorite?" he asks me with a grin.

"I think I enjoyed "Permanent Vacation" the most," I respond, squeezing his hand.

"Same here," he laughs. "Hey, you want to sleep at mine tonight?"

"I don't know," I reply, biting my lip.

"It's late," he points out.

"That's true," I respond. "Okay, if that's good with your parents."

"They're not home. Weekend getaway or something like that," he chuckles.

"Oh. Okay."

We get to his car and get inside. After about twenty minutes of driving, we arrive at his house.

"Do you want something to eat?" he asks, turning on the light.

"No, thanks. I just want to sleep," I laugh, and he nods.

"Go ahead. You can wear one of my shirts," he replies, and I walk upstairs to his room. Dropping my bag, I turn on the light and let my jacket fall to the floor. I take off my jeans along with my shoes before pulling off my hoodie and shirt. Rooting around in his pile of clothes, I find a good t-shirt and pull it on.

"Looking sexy."

I jump in surprise and turn around to see Everett. His eyes rake my body, and I blush. His t-shirt comes down to my thighs, but I still feel exposed. He comes over to me, putting his hands on my hips. He presses his lips to mine gently at first, but he quickly becomes more aggressive. He pushes me up against the wall, and I tangle my hands in his hair. I tug gently, eliciting a soft moan from him. He moves his hands down my body before grabbing my butt, making me gasp.

"Jump," he murmurs, and I do. He catches me before carrying me over to his bed and dropping me gently. He climbs on top of me, kissing my lips again. He begins tugging on the bottom of my—well, his—and I start to panic.

"Wait," I mumble, but either he doesn't hear me or chooses to ignore me. He yanks off my shirt, leaving me in my undergarments. "Ev. Stop."

"Don't you love me?" He kisses me again, and his hands move behind me to unclasp my bra.

"Stop," I say again, pushing him away.

"But Em—"

"I'm not ready," I say, looking into his darkened eyes.

"But I am," he says, and before I can understand what he means, his lips are on mine again. He unclasps my bra, ignoring my protests and pulling it off my body.

"Stop!" I push him again, but he doesn't move and keeps kissing me. "Everett!" I bite his lip, and he yelps, falling back. I immediately cross my arms over my chest and scramble off his bed.

"Ember!" he snaps, sounding angry.

"Get away from me," I shriek as he comes toward me again and grabs my wrist. "You're hurting me!" He tries to pull me back toward the bed, but I kick blindly, and by some miracle, manage to kick him in the balls. He releases me immediately and groans in pain, falling to the floor. I take the chance to grab my jacket and bag before sprinting down the stairs.

"Ember!"

Yanking on my jacket, I hold it closed in front of me as I run out of his house. Even though I'm barefoot, I keep running, the cold air piercing my skin. I run until I feel like I can't breathe, and I stop, my knees buckling under me. I collapse to the ground and burst into tears. I can't believe he would do that to me. I thought he cared about me.