2.4

L U K E

I miss my girl

I look at the replies to my tweet, and some aren't pretty. Sighing, I go to Ember's account. She's barely active anymore, trying to avoid the onslaught of hate. Even so, I see that she'd tweeted just a few moments ago.

We are gonna see greater heights

They'll put our names up in neon lights

Rolling volcanoes in the night

Glowing in the dark like meteorites

90% of the time, she just tweets song lyrics, and this time is no different. Just as I'm about to tweet her, she posts something.

I miss my man

I can't hide the smile that forms on my face, and I can just imagine her sitting on her bed tweeting that. The bed. God, the bed.

"What are you grinning like a doofus for?" Michael asks me, and I try to stop smiling, but I can't.

"Ember."

"Figured," he chuckles, typing something on his phone. I look down again, and I suddenly hear the sound of a camera shutter.

"What?"

"Oh don't worry. You look stupid all the time."

"Shut up," I laugh, and I see a notification from a verified account...Michael. He'd mentioned Ember and tagged me in the photo.

look at your dork. this is what I have to deal with.

I see the picture of me grinning like an idiot, and I whine.

"Michael!"

"Oh you love me. Muke for life."

"Shut up."

I look at my phone again, and Ember had replied to Michael.

Awe my dork is cute

And tell him to stop stalking my account

I burst into laughter at her second tweet, and I type out a reply.

I'll never stop

She replies immediately.

Now don't be annoying

That's my job

True

I can imagine her smiling face, and as much as I miss her, I feel like she's with me, in a way.