2.7

L U K E

"Shall I file a restraining order?" I snap.

"Don't be like that!" Ann whines. It's as if she literally has nothing else to do besides stalk me.

"And how the fuck did you get to my hotel?"

"There're rooms here. We could—"

"Just leave me alone. God, Ann," I groan, spinning around and starting to walk away. She scuttles up to me and grabs my arm, her sharp nails digging into my skin. I wince, and she comes in front of me before slamming her foot down onto mine. I yelp in pain and double over. She grabs my face with her free hand and slams her lips onto mine. I whine in protest and try to pull away, but her nails digging into my skin and the pain in my foot make it hard to focus. She bites down on my lip, and I feel her break skin. By the time I finally manage to push her off, I'm gasping for breath. "Fuck off," I snap, shoving her back and walking away from her.

"Wait!"

I stop, not because of her, but because of Calum standing in front of me. His face is a mix of confusion and shock.

"Calum, it's not what it looks like," I say before realizing that's what people say when it is what it looks like. "I mean—" But he's turned around and gotten back on the elevator. "Calum! Wait!"

The doors close, and it feels like they just closed on my chest.

———

I catch the next elevator and sprint toward my room, thinking Calum is in there. Only, as I pass Ash's room, I hear their voices. I burst inside, and everyone looks at me.

"She kissed me, okay?" I pant, looking at each of them before seeing the phone in Ashton's hand.

"Luke?" I hear Ember's uncertain voice, and my heart falls. Calum looks at me, and I meet his eyes. He hadn't said anything, and now I so bluntly announced it. Great.

"Baby, let me explain," I say, but Ash interjects.

"What did you do? And did you use a condom?" Ash asks as if he were casually asking me if I remembered to grab milk on the way home.

"What?" I sputter, and Michael and Calum look from me to Ash, confused expressions on their faces.

"When you and Ember—"

"I know what you mean," I interrupt, closing the door as I realize people could hear us. "Yes. Yes I did. Happy?" I feel blood trickling down my chin, and I wipe it away with the back of my hand.

"Yes. About that problem," Ember says, and I walk over to the couch. Sitting beside Ash, I ignore his pointed staring.

"Ann is still stalking me. She dug her talons into my arm, stepped on my foot, and forcibly kissed me. That's all," I say, knowing it's best to be upfront.

"Do you love me?"

That's all she asks. Nothing about whether I kissed her back. If I'd said anything to Ann after. Nothing.

"Yes. Absolutely. I love you," I say immediately, not having to think about it.

"Then we're okay."