2.2

E M B E R

"I wish you didn't have to leave."

"Me, too." He wraps his arms around me, pulling me close. I breathe in his scent, gripping his shirt tightly as if he might vanish at any moment. "I have to tell you something before I leave."

"What is it?" My heart starts beating faster, and I look up at his face.

"I'm falling in love with you."

My breath hitches, and I blink, unable to process what he's telling me.

"Really?" I ask dumbly, making him chuckle.

"Yes."

"God, Luke. I'm falling in love with you, too. And I'm terrified that I'm going to lose you," I admit, rambling as my face flushes.

"You're not going to lose me," he assures me.

"I know you wouldn't purposely leave, but you of all people know how being in a band is. I'm not accusing you of anything, but you know what I mean, right?"

"Yeah. But I only have my eyes on you," he responds. "I wouldn't notice if one of those girls had two noses."

I laugh at his comment, and he smirks.

"What would you say to me proving how serious I am about us, tonight? It's our last night together," he says, and it takes me a minute to realize what he's suggesting.

"You mean—"

"Yeah," he responds, his cheeks turning pink.

"You do know that I'm—"

He nods. "I'd be your first, yeah?" I nod in response, my cheeks burning. "Hey, don't be embarrassed."

"I would be extremely underwhelming," I say, starting to feel panicked.

"You are incapable of being anything but amazing," he assures me, pressing his lips to my forehead gently. "We don't have to. I would be willing to wait however long you want."

"No. I want to do this." I put both hands on his face before kissing him deeply. He returns the kiss with equal passion, and his hand moves down to my hip. We roll over so that I'm on top of him, and he grabs my ass with both hands as we kiss, making me moan softly into his mouth. 

We roll over again, this time so I'm on the bottom, and I tangle my hands in his hair. His lip ring is cool against my lips, the feeling addicting. He pulls away for a moment to pull off his shirt, and he tosses it aside before immediately trying to lean over me again. I put my hands on his chest, stopping him. 

"I want to feel you," I say softly, ignoring the fact that it sounds extremely dirty. He doesn't say anything, only looking into my eyes. I run my hands down his chest and stomach, savoring the feeling of his skin against my fingertips. His eyes flutter closed, and I can see his chest rising and falling steadily. He looks so serene and beautiful—like an angel. He isn't overly muscular and buff, and he doesn't have abs. And he's utterly perfect in my eyes. "You're so beautiful." I say softly, moving my hands to his arms.

"That's what I should be saying to you," he chuckles softly, taking my hands in his before leaning over me again. 

His blue eyes are darkened and lustful as he kisses me again, and I feel a thrilling rush as I realize we're actually doing this. He pulls away enough so I can take off my shirt, and I instantly feel self conscious, covering my stomach with my arms. 

"Please don't cover your beautiful body," he murmurs, reaching behind me to unclasp my bra. I blush as I let it fall to the floor, and he leans over me once more, our bare chests flush against one another's. He kisses me gently, and I try to memorize the way his body feels against mine. "Are you sure you want to do this, baby girl?" he whispers, looking into my eyes.

I nod before replying, "You only live once."