2.0

E M B E R

Oh my god did you see Luke

He's back with Ann

Yes my otp I'm so glad he got rid of that other girl

"LUKE!" I shout, throwing my phone on my bed and storming out of my room. Why does that girl have to be so clingy? "LUKE!" I yell again, running down the stairs toward the front door.

"I heard you the first time!" he pants as he bursts through the door. "This. For you," he breathes, handing me a bag before coughing. "Haven't run this fast in a while," he chuckles breathlessly, a crooked smile on his face.

"I figured," I respond, unable to stop the giggle that leaves my lips. "Thanks for this, by the way," I tell him, pulling out two boxes of Mac lipstick. I grin, looking at the shades he'd chosen. "I love these."

"Check the perfume. You'll smell even better than you do now," he tells me, his blue eyes sparkling.

I laugh lightly and look at the perfume. "Oooh Urban Decay! Thank you, Luke," I say, putting the boxes back in the bag before placing it on the table. Disregarding the fact that he's sweating, I throw my arms around him, ignoring his protests.

"I'm sweaty," he whines.

"I don't care," I reply with a laugh. He sighs and wraps his arms around me. I love our height difference because every time I hug him, I can press my ear to his chest and listen to his heartbeat. It makes me feel safe and secure.

"About the Ann thing—"

"I know. Yeah," I interrupt him.

"You're not upset?"

"Should I be?" I question, making him snort.

"Trying to set me up, huh Ember?"

"It was worth a shot," I joke, looking up at him.

"She kissed me, okay? I literally pushed her off me in less than a second."

"I heard from Alice," I respond, and he raises an eyebrow.

"Damn, I should follow her on Twitter."

"You should." He meets my eyes, and I reach up, brushing his blond hair off his forehead. "You're such a pretty boy, I swear."

"Can you not," he laughs, pulling away and running his hand through his hair.

"Hey, I like pretty boys. Why are you complaining?"

"Oh shut up."

———

L U K E

"Stop that."

"I can't."

"Yeah, right."

"Gimme."

"No. Shut up, dummy," she laughs as I reach for her phone.

"I will not shut up, dummy," I retort, grabbing her phone and quickly typing a tweet.

"Luke!" she whines, grabbing for her phone.

"Shit I just posted that."

"Delete it!" she shrieks, and I look at what I'd managed to tweet.

THEISF LUKE

I burst into laughter and show her the screen.

"Looks like you had a seizure on the keyboard," she snorts. "Give me your phone."

"Why?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Just give it to me," she laughs, grabbing my thigh and trying to get to my pocket.

"Hey hey hey!" I yell as she climbs on top of me, trying to reach my back pocket.

"Give it to me."

"You sound like you're begging for dick," I comment, making her laugh harder.

"Give it to me," she repeats, her words almost incomprehensible from her laughing.

"Which?"

"Both! I'm kidding. Your phone," she giggles, her face red.

"Fine fine." I roll my eyes and hand her my phone. "Wait—" She unlocks my phone and immediately opens Twitter. "Wait what. When did you learn my password?"

"You're always unlocking your phone beside me," she replies nonchalantly. "You know my phone password, don't you?"

"No I—oh yeah, I do," I laugh, and she shakes her head, unable to stop the smile forming on her face.

"Alright. There we go."

"What'd you do?"

"See for yourself," she replies, handing me my phone.

THEISF EMBER

"Oh fucking hell," I snort, rolling my eyes.

"Are we couple goals yet?" she asks sarcastically.

"Oh shut up."