Ego: Dare

I tap my fingernails against a table as I wait for Sean, what does he have to tell me?

"Hey Val." He smiles and gives me a tight hug, I reciprocate, its only normally seeing how he is my cousin.

"What do you have to tell me?"

"Jeez, not even a hello. But I'm gonna stop bullshitting. Do you remember my grandmother, or your aunt I don't know how this shit works. But anyway she passed away and the service is in two weeks, no one is sadden because she was a major bitch but still she's family." Grandma Leslie always claimed I was her favourite niece but I'm her only niece that did something constructive with her life.

"That's it?" I ask.

"No, she left a shit-ton of money and her estate to us."

"Us who? Our parents us? Or me and you us?"

"Me and you us!" He beams.

"Holy crap!"

"I know!!"

"Okay look. What do you want the house or the money?"

"The money, I already have a house."

"Alright I need a little money."

"Yeah no problem. But aren't you dating that guy in the boy band? What's his name Gary."

I chuckle because he does know his name. "It's Harry and yeah I am."

"Oh yeah ye-" his eyes travel down to my arm a bruise is peeking out from the short sleeve shirt.

"What the fuck is that?" He asks gripping my arm and tugging it gently.

"It's a bruise genius."

"No shit Valerie, who did that?"

"I did. I was playing handball and it bounced off the wall and hit me in my arm."

"Oh, okay. I thought Harry was hitting you but he seems like a good guy. As a matter of fact when am I going to meet him everyone is dying too." Harry? A nice guy? Everyone sees what he wants them to see.

"Soon probably after his Australia tour."

"How long is that?"

"I'm sure actually, I'll ask him when I get home."

He checks his phone and taps his hand on the table.

"I gotta run, duty calls." He said duty. I snicker and he glares at me with the are-you-serious-you-are-19 years old-look.

He gives me a hug and leaves.

I'll call the girls tomorrow, I'm gonna go home and make dinner, because that's all I'm used for. Correction: you are used for sex, food, and being his punching bag. My subconscious is a bitch.

I drive home, as I step inside I'm greeted by an angry Harry.

"Get inside, and close the fucking door." I do as I'm told and my eyes go directly to the floor.

"Now I just have one question. Who is this?" He's trying to stay calm.

"That's m-" his fist connects with my jaw.

"Do you think I'm stupid?! Do think I'm some kind of idiot?! What do you take me for?!" He slaps me. The sting of his slap and my tears mixed together is not a good feeling.

"Didn't I tell you not to leave the house unless I told you, you could?"

I nod my head vigorously.

"Now you go outside whoring around as if no one would recognize you." My head and face hurt I'm no longer registering his words they all sound like a jumbled mess to me. What is he talking about? He grabs me by my hair and and tugs me towards his bedroom.

I yelp in pain as I try to ease some of the pressure off my scalp by lifting my self up on all fours. He basically throws me in the room and locks the door. I hear him break a few things before the front door slams shut.

Did he just punch me? The blood in my mouth confirms my question.

I'm completely numb as I grab my suitcase from the room that's still half packed, I finish throwing my things in and zip up.

I pick up my phone off the floor and wheel my suitcase outside. I can't stay with the girls because they'll ask questions and I can't stay with the boys because they are his friends his band mates also.

I drive to the nearest hotel.

"Valerie!" A few of the boys fans come up to me.

"Hi guys." I smile.

"Val what happen to your face?" Fuck!

"Me and my cousin were playing and he got a little rough but I'm good. How are you guys?"

"We're good! Hey would you mind giving the boys our twitter names?"

"No problem, write them down and I'll text it to them." They give me a long ass list but I just smile and take it. I say bye and leave to check in.

Thirty dollars a night isn't bad at all in fact it's perfect.

-Harry's POV-

I leave the bar and drive home, I still can't believe I punched her but I know Val will forgive me, she always does. I pull into the garage to find that her car isn't there. What the fuck? Don't freak out Harry. I slam the car door shut and run up the steps to the front door. I unlock it and I'm greeted by darkness, my breathing is wavering and my hands are shaking.

"Val!" I call out, no answer.

"Valerie!" I open my bedroom door and it's empty, I run to the guest room that she sometimes sleeps in and it's empty also. She wouldn't leave me, she has no where to go. She needs me. Correction, you need her the voice in the back of my head reminds me.

I saw that she bought a new phone, I call her number it rings a few times before she sends me to voice mail.

'Val I'm sorry :(' I send the text quickly after the twentieth call.

'Please Val.'

'I'm really sorry I didn't mean too'

'Val please, I love you.'

'I'll get help'

'I just got so mad, please forgive me.'

'I won't stop until you answer me' She has turned off her phone by now idiot.

'Please baby.'

'V'

'A'

'L'

'E'

'R'

'I'

'E'

'Harry I need my space stop texting me.'

I let out a shaky breath when she finally texts me back, she doesn't need space she needs me.

'Where are you so I can come get you?' She's not going to tell you.

I log onto twitter and check to see if anyone tweeted a picture of her or if anyone saw her. She's staying at the Courtyard Marriott. I leave quickly and drive way over the speed limit to the hotel.

I put my coat over my head and go over to the front desk.

"What room is Valerie O'Conner in?"

"I'm sorry sir but I can't disclose information like that."

"Fine." I leave the front desk in a hurry, I'll knock on every door in this fucking hotel if I have too.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

THAT WAS HER BREAKING POINT YOU DICK. I MEAN THE CHOKING SHOULD'VE BEEN HER BREAKING POINT BUT HEY.