Ego: Help

Val's POV

My headache isn't subsiding and Harry texting me only makes it hurt more.

I grab a napkin and load it up with ice and press it to my swollen jaw.

I grab my phone and check twitter maybe there will be an explanation as to why he thought I was "whoring around". Sure enough on my timeline there is a picture of me hugging my cousin this morning. He's always jumping to conclusion I fucking hate him! Stop lying to yourself Valerie you know you kiss the ground he walks on. No one asked you, voice.

I strip out of my jeans and sweater and into stripped pyjama shorts and a tank top. I really need Niall here with me, we've built this brother-sister relationship and I know I can confide in him about anything-but this.

I call him anyway.

"Hey Val."

"Are you busy?" I ask pacing the floor.

"No just leaving the studio, do you need something?"

"Yeah, could you come stay with me?"

"Sure, I'll be by the house in a few."

"No I'm not at the house, I'm at a hotel, the courtyard Marriott. Room 4D."

"Why are you at a hotel?" He asks and I hear a lady greet him with a "Welcome to McDonald's" "Can I get the ten piece mighty wings, a large fries and two Dr.Pepper?"

"I'll tell you when you get here or I'll show you."

"Okay." He says cautiously.

"Oh you want something to eat?"

"Same thing you just ordered."

"That's my girl." I chuckle and hang up. I notice that Harry is now spelling my name out letter by letter.

Ten minutes later I hear the door knocking wildly. "Val open the door!" Niall hurries me and I quickly turn the latch and let him in.

"Jesus, there were so many of th-" He stops talking when he sees my face, it goes from shock to confusion to anger to an emotion I'm sure is pity.

"What happened?" He asks taking my chin gently in between his fingers examining my face.

"Did Harry do this?" I have the sudden urge to defend him... so I do.

"It was an accident." I blurt out.

"It sure does look like you were in a fucking accident." He tilts my chin up, I hope Harry's hand print faded from my throat.

"Was that the first time."

No. "Yes."

"Did he apologize?" Fuck no, he's Harry and Harry doesn't apologize for shit.

"Yeah, but I just needed to clear my head. I don't think I should be around him right now." Somewhere in the midst of me answering questions I started crying.

"Please don't cry Val, I have chicken! Chicken makes everything better." Niall panics as he hands me the box, my fries and soda.

The only boy that knows how to react (properly) to a girl crying is Louis. He can literally turn your sad tears into tears of laughter.

I sniffle and take the box, I didn't realise how hungry I was until I started to eat some of Niall's fries.

"Take one more fry and I swear before the heavens I will pinch you." I giggle and lean on his shoulder watching tv but slowly starting to loose focus as my mind wanders to the first time.