Ego: Paradise

This Woman's Work by Maxwell

__________________________

Valerie

__________________________

I hadn't seen Harry when the boys finally got me. They told me he had stayed in the house and that he would be back in a few hours. But as I'm sat in this apartment I never knew they had I couldn't help but feel like he was doing something that could get him into serious trouble. Regardless I couldn't wait to see him. I stayed cradled up in Niall's arms while the others tended to my every beck and call.

I heard the front door open and shut. I sat up immediately and stood to my feet to see Harry walking in, his hair disheveled but damn everything if him he didn't look like a Greek god sculpted from the finest material the universe had to offer.

I immediately ran to him and jumped on him, he squeezed me tightly and we stayed like that for a while completely forgetting the fact that there are other people here.

"C'mon guys." Niall ushers them out leaving Harry and I alone in the apartment.

"I love you so much, you know that right?" I nodded in the crook of his neck as I cried, no, sobbed is the correct word.

"I missed you so much. I thought I was going to lose my mind." He walked us up the three steps that led into the living room from the front door.

"Never leave me again. Ever." He said, his voice cracking as he held me tightly.

"Never." I assured him.

"Did they hurt you?" Should I answer him? He might go back and kill everyone. As much as I hate all of them except Shane I don't want him to go to jail. So I just shook my head 'no'.

"Then what is this?" He asked as he sat me on his lap, pointing to the bruise on my throat.

"I-I.." I didn't know what to say because I knew he already knew the answer.

"I handled it, you won't ever have to worry about them." He assures me kissing my nose softly, the gesture is so sweet I can't help when silent tears start to fall.

"I love you." Is all I can say as he wipes away my tears with his thumbs.

"I love you." He answers back tears falling from his eyes. "Jesus Valerie I missed you so much. Everyday felt like a life time. Every minute felt like years, I don't know how I managed and I know I never will, I promise that I will never ever hurt you again. I promise to be better." I connect our lips in a loving passionate kiss.

We continued to cry, promising one another that we'd never leave each other and that things are going to get better.

We stayed like that for while, in the apartment just us, he turned off his phone and unplugged the landlines. For the week we were there we only left each others side to use the bathroom or shower. I enjoyed every minute of it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Babe?" Harry called as I clung to the porcelain throne emptying my stomach. I think I may have a stomach flu.

"Yeah I'll be out in a minute." I flushed the toilet and brushed my teeth for the third time today.

"Let me take you to the hospital, you've thrown up twice today." He voice was dripping with concern.

"I told you I'm fine it's probably a stomach virus." I said flashing him a weak smile.

"I wasn't exactly asking you." He smiles putting my coat on me.

"Do you want to walk or should I carry you?" He asks holding out his arms.

"Hmm, I would like a piggy back." I smiled sweetly. He chuckled before turning around and helping me onto his back. I rested my head in the crook of his neck, peppering little kisses all over the warm skin.