Epilouge p2

"I am going to ask you one question," Harry started the moment Anne and my mum walked through the door. He pulls Anne to the side a bit roughly, I open my mouth to scold him on his roughness with his mother but he puts a hand up to silence me. I shirk back helping my mother into the house.

"Did you give my number to John?" Anne shrugs Harry's hand off her and adjusts her cardigan.

"You must have lost your mind haven't you? Grabbing me like that." Anne says in a hushed shout and it's the first time in a long time since I seen Harry so meek. A light blush creeping onto his cheeks the clench of his jaw becoming less prominent; it must be nice to have such control of a situation.

"You look lovely by the way, Tammy." Anne says sweetly sending a look to Harry that had him walking back over to me like a scolded child.

"It's been too long Anne, where are Gemma and Riley?" My mum asks, the two women swapping chaste kisses to the cheek and friendly hugs

"Gemma should be here any minute and Riley caught a stomach bug. I practically had to force him not to come especially not with our grandchild coming so soon." Anne chuckles rubbing my tummy gently, I smile down at where her hand is; feeling the baby tumble around.

"Someone's awake," I say with a light chuckle "please, sit, dinner will be ready in about ten minutes." I had a bit of a late start thanks to Harry.

"That is quite alright honey. Harry be a dear and please get us two wine glasses and a bottle of wine also something for Val. Sit down sweetheart, this lazybones has probably been making you do all the work." Anne says taking off her cardigan. I sit down in my new favourite suede recliner. Anne is my saviour because my back has been killing me.

"Yes Ma'am." Harry says politely with a slight grumble. It makes me giggle to see him in such a childish state, I find it endearing how quickly he becomes such an obedient son when his mum is around, warms my heart really.

"So, how have the wedding preparations been going?" My mum asks Anne smiles and sits closer to the edge of the couch.

"Well we've been so busy with the move and doctor appointments we haven't really had much time to make official plans. We do have an idea of what kind of wedding we want it to be. We both have a fairly large family so we were thinking a Cathedral. Hopefully St Luke's Church but I haven't been to church since- in a while so I am not quite sure if Father would let us get married there." Harry places wine glasses in front of Anne and Tammy and the strawberry-banana smoothie he's been making, in my hands.

"Thank you darling." My mum says kindly and Harry gives a small polite smile.

"Thanks." I say trying to keep the tinge of annoyance I feel for his actions towards his mother out of my voice. The chime of the doorbell sounds throughout the house ceasing the conversation for a mere second. I attempt to get up, but Harry stops me and goes to answer the door himself.

"Mr. O'Conner, so glad you could join us for dinner." Harry says confidently but there is no hiding the hint of nervousness.

"Yes, quite." My father says dismissing Harry immediately. I sigh quietly, why does he have to be such a jerk to him, sure Harry hasn't been the model citizen and has done some thing's I will never forget but father knows nothing about any of it so his perception of the troubled boy is merely a stereotypical bad boy and to add to that Harry went and became famous, so there's that.

"I'll go serve dinner." I say not ready to see my dad.

"Let me help you." Anne says cheerfully and with a soft smile that makes her eyes crinkle at the sides. Years of good laughs with Riley and the kids I suppose.