Ego: Out Of Luck

She looked back down at the test and when she looked back up at me there were tears in her eyes. My heart rate quickened and I could hear my pulse pounding in my ears.

Tiny tears fell from her eyes before she spoke.

"I'm pregnant." She said quietly with a sad smile as a few more tears fell from her eyes.

"Hey, hey, it's going to be fine. Everything is going to be fine. I'm going to be a dad and you're going to be a mum!" I tried to lighten her spirits, I walked over to her pulling her into a tight hug but not too tight.

"But we're so young Harry, I turn twenty in a month. In a month." She stressed.

"There's no time like the present, right?" I smiled.

"That's fine for you to say. You don't have to carry a baby for nine months. You don't have to go through labour. Harry my dad doesn't even like you. He might choke you when we tell my parents." She said resting her forehead against my chest.

"Way to soften the blow about your dad not liking me." I already knew that but her mom loves me so it doesn't bother me much.

"Do you think we can do this Harry? Be parents?" She asked quiet tears wetting the front of my shirt. I'm happy to hear we're becoming parents. Yes it is a little soon but we've been dating for five years -our anniversary is her birthday - it was bound to happen.

"Hell yeah! We're going to be amazing parents!" I cheered tilting her chin up so I could look at her. I kissed her hard picking her up.

"I'M GOING TO BE A DAD!" I laughed spinning her around. She laughed as well.

"I'm going to be a Mom!" She added with a little less enthusiasm than I but still sounding happy-ish.

"We tell no one." I can keep a secret I have been for some years now that she only recently found out about because of the kidnapping and also the short 'fling' with Carolyn. I stress short. I don't go blabbing to Niall. I just nodded my head and we locked pinkies sealing it with a kiss.

I got so caught up in the moment that I hadn't even thought about Eric and the fact he wanted both Val and I. I didn't want her to come anyway the possibility that she could get hurt is too high and now she's not just living for herself anymore, she doing everything for her and the baby.

"What's wrong?" She asks, her eyebrows knitting together forming that little m.

Honesty, no more secrets. "Eric called, again, he wants to meet up to settle this. He has intentions on killing me or you, or even the both of us. I dont want you to come."

"But I don't want you to go! What if you get hurt Harry?" She asked crossing her arms  tears welling up in her eyes.

"Baby, I'll be fine. I promise. If he thinks I'm coming alone then he is a idiot." I reassured her. I knew he wasn't coming alone and I definitely knew I wasn't going alone. If he was a man and didn't bring backup I would take him on my own.

"Can we go back to sleep please? I'm tired." She said swiping her hand over her forehead to her cheek. I nod, she laces her fingers with mine after she throws away the test and leads us to the bedroom. She scoots into the bed and I crawl in behind her quietly, our legs entwine and our fingers lace together as I inhale the scent of coconut.

"I love you." I say, and I mean it.

"I love you too, Harry." She sniffles. We lay there for a while not talking just listening to each others breathing and our own thumping heartbeats. Her breathing evens out and I know she's asleep. Her hand starts to lose the grip so I hold on tighter until I eventually fall asleep.