Ego: You Minx

A/n: Im gonna try to write five stories, not all at the same time, its all of the boys they arent famous and im so excited I already started Zayn's its on my profile check out:

Consciousness {z.m AU}

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"You know what? I change my mind. Killing you in your friend's house is so cliche so we'll do this another time." He knocked on Niall's bedroom door with a chuckle. The sounds of feet leaving, every single one, fills the house. The sound of an engine roaring to life then screeching out of the driveway could also be heard. I waited a few more minutes until I heard someone calling out for me. Harry.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Val! Valerie!" He shouted out for me.

"I'm here." I cried out as I wiggled from beneath the bed, I ran to the bedroom door swinging it open. Harry had me wrapped in his long arms the moment I opened the door.

"We need to go, okay?" He said gripping my face so I would look at him. I nodded my head in between his slightly calloused yet familiar hands. When we exited the bedroom, the lock to the front door was blown off.

"Wait, his door, his stuff." I said as I tried to help Harry with my bags. He stopped for a second, and texted someone.

"Someone I used to work with is coming over to fix it." I didn't question it, I just hoped someone would be there soon, I would hate for any of his things to get stolen. He locked the trunk and opened the passenger side door quickly, I entered and thanked him while he rushed to the other side. He hopped in and sped off.

We arrived at the apartment in less than fifteen minutes, he parked in the car garage and we carried my bags to the lift and rode it up to our floor in silence. The nervousness that had been present when he first came and got me had been replaced with the tension of unspoken words. We exited and walked to our front door, he unlocked it and gestured for me to walk inside first.

I did so and set the bag down by the door, I was surprised that the place wasn't in complete ruins and that the sink wasn't overflowing with dishes.

We began to speak at the same time and stopped when we realised we both had something to say.

"You first." I told him.

"I, I listened to your voicemail. Over and over, I don't know how else to say I'm sorry for being such a huge dickhead. I'm sorry for causing you so much pain, and I'm sorry that I am always doing something I have to apologize for." He said as he held my hands.

"I'm sorry for kissing Niall and almost making a terrible mistake because of drunkenness. I was an idiot and let alcohol cloud my better judgment." A huge weight felt lifted from my shoulders.

I wasn't suppose to bring that night up unless I was absolutely sure about Harry and I, and the look Harry has on his face and the fact that he let go of my hands confirmed my thoughts.

"While I was here, being torn apart by the fact that if I stayed with you I would get you killed. You were holed up with Niall doing god knows what?" He scoffed as he turned his back towards me.

"We only kissed I swear." I pleaded.

"Those hickey's on your jaw and neck say otherwise." He said.

"I didn't even sleep with him because I was thinking about you! But I can bet I never once crossed your mind when you were having sex with Carolyn." I don't like to bring up the past, but him acting like the biggest hypocrite was starting to get to me.

"That was a low blow Valerie." He said pouring himself a drink.

"Wait, wait, wait. This wasn't how this was suppose to go. We were suppose to apologize to each other and start working on us not tumble right into an argument the moment I got back here." I stated as I crossed my arms.

"Things don't always go according to plan, do they?" He said with a sardonic grin before bringing the glass up to his lips.

"So what am I doing here then since obviously we don't plan on working things out?" I asked.

"No one said anything about not working things out, it just ticked me off that while I was over here sulking you were happy and doing things with Niall." He pouted.

"We were both drunk. The past week and few days have been a living Hell. I missed you so much it hurt." I confessed.

"I missed you to Val." I'm just as crazy as Harry, our moods can change from angry to this in a matter of minutes, it's enough to give somebody whiplash.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked.

"About us or about Eric?"

"Both." I answered.

"We are the most important. Do you remember what I asked you in the hotel. About would you marry me when the time comes? I do still intend on proposing but when there isn't some asshole trying to kill us." I was speechless, not in the surprised way but in the way where I didn't have anything to say.

"Wait, you don't want to marry me?" He asked, his features softening.

"No, I do. I really do."

"But?"

"Harry, you need to get your anger under control. When you feel like you're going to hurt me you need to find something to help you with those feelings. You aren't your dad. You will never be like him. Ever. Do you understand me?" He shook his head yes. I walked over to him and pulled his collar down so I could kiss him. I missed his soft slightly chapped lips.

"I can see a therapist, just as long as I have you with me I'm willing to do anything to keep you." He said as I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"Harry." I breathed. He can be such a romantic at times. These were the moments I cherished before he did a complete turn around and it was never for the better. I just hope this time is different.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I honestly have no excuse for taking so long to update except im planning out the ending which I'm hoping will make you all emotional.

I will make the epilogue as long as possible by the way. :]