Ego: Lakeview

Mama always told me not to look in to the eyes of the sun,

But mama, that's where the fun is.

________________________________________________

~*~*~Valerie~*~*~

I paced, I never pace. I felt my temper rising. How dare he show up here unannounced, apologize, tell me he loves me, makes me talk about the kiss, and then kiss me. I was so mad for a reason I couldn't pinpoint.

A knock sounded from behind the door, Niall wouldn't knock it is his house after all. It could be Harry but he would've said something by now. I tip-toed to the door and looked through the peephole. Something blocked the view but the banging didn't stop.

I moved away from the door quickly and grabbed my phone as I sped to Niall's room, I locked the door behind me and texted him.

Where are you? Someone’s at the door, please hurry.

I waited a few minutes but it felt like hours before he texted me.

Have you ever shot a gun? I'm not saying you're going to have to but just to be on the safe side go in the right bedside table you'll find one. I'll be home in two minutes. A gun! He wants me to hold let alone shoot a bloody gun? Christ.

I tried not to panic as I found the gun but my hand shook nervously, my nerves were fried just from holding the heavy metal object, I kept the safety on. I don't plan on shooting anyone.

The knocking stopped and I exhaled deeply, I set the gun on the dresser.

"Vally?" I unlocked the door quickly and exited the room. Niall dropped the bags by the door as I walked towards him, I hugged him and he returned the gesture.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I’m a little shaky.” I said looking up at him.

"Let’s not even think about it, yeah? How about we pop in a movie, drink some beers and put the whole thing behind us." The banging on the door began again only this time Harry's voice could be heard from behind it. I pulled away so Niall could answer the door.

"Hey." Niall said.

"I'm not quite ready to talk to you right now. But hey." He walked past Niall whose eyes were as wide as saucers. My reaction would be the exact same if he had not been here about 15 minutes ago.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asked as he inspected me.

"Clearly I'm fine. Niall's here now," his features softened into a look of hurt.

I tried to cushion the blow, "so no one is going to hurt me now." I tried my best.

"I wish you would just come back home with me." He said taking my hand in his.

"A little separation would be good don't you think?" I said.

"Why? So you can snog Niall some more?" I pulled my hand away.

"Leave."

"Val,"

"I said to go Harry,  just fucking go." I said quietly, walking past him and reopening the door so he could leave. He can be so goddamn insensitive.

I looked at Niall and I before leaving, slamming the door shut behind him a loud 'fuck' could be heard as he stormed outside to his car. The sound of him peeling out of the parking space and onto the street fills the house.

"Vally you told him?" Shit not Niall too.

"He noticed." I said with a shrug.

"What does that mean? I didn't bruise your lips, I didn't kiss you that hard." He said as his brows furrowed in confusion.

"No, it's not a matter of how hard we kissed it just happens." I said avoiding eye contact by busing myself with the movies and drinks.

"I'll cook something, yeah?" Niall said walking into the kitchen.

"Stir-fry?" I asked.

He smiled that dazzling boyish smile, "it's my signature dish?"

I chuckled before popping a movie in. It was on VHS so it must be old. I dug through the bag of booze: wine coolers, Heineken, guinness, and Corona.

"Mr. Horan, If I didn't know you any better I would think we were getting drunk tonight." I said pulling out a wine cooler that was chilled perfectly.

"We deserve some fun, especially you." He said from in the kitchen.

"Besides its a perfect way to cap off a Monday." He said, I nodded in agreement but realized he couldn't see me so I spoke.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"You're nuts," I slurred heavily, "Some like it hot is the best movie Marilyn Monroe ever did. Do not fight with me on this."

I finished my fifth wine cooler and picked up something stronger.

"Take it back." I said narrowing my eyes at the defiant boy.

"Make me." He said taking a long swig of his beer. Everyone knows that the words 'make me' increases sexual tension in a room and thanks to the alcohol in my system, I swung my legs over his hips attaching my lips to his feverishly. I clung to his sides as my tongue explored his mouth. I groaned when his thumbs pressed into particular spots on my hips.

My fingers tangled in his hair pulling on the his brown roots. His groan vibrated in my chest. I tugged him by his collars so he would lift me up. He followed the hint his hands resting comfortable on the curve of my ass squeezing gently, I gasp at his grip.

We stopped against the wall I broke this kiss to pull off his shirt revealing his toned pale chest that had little freckles scattered on it.

He was warm underneath my hands, I pulled off my tank top leaving me in my bra and shorts. His lips moved from my lips to my jaw to my neck finding a spot just below my ear, he nibbled on the sensitive area making me moan out.

Are you about to have sex with Niall? My subconscious remarked. I shouldn't but the way he's kissing me is pretty much sealing the deal.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Should they?! Should val and Niall hook up, both of them are drunk as hell let me know. Is it too much drama or